Senior Business Process Owner - Business Models & Subscription Metrics
As a member of the Business Transformation team at Splunk, you will help to develop enterprise-wide standard business processes that will position the company for continued high growth.
We are looking for a strategic thinker, with excellent business acumen. In this role you will provide subject matter expertise on a range of process improvement and process management activities, specifically around the subscription business model and metrics. You will be viewed as an expert and would be bringing best practices (or researching where applicable) in order to drive business model design or process re-engineering. You will be responsible for data gathering and analysis, understanding pain points, and establishing performance metrics. Additionally you will own developing and recommending alternatives for improvement, obtaining leadership or stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements, establishing operational readiness, and monitoring post-process improvement initiative performance to updated standards.
If you have deep knowledge in the subscription business model and metrics and are excited about bringing that expertise into Splunk, then this role if for you.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Understand SaaS operating model and how to measure the health of the business across multiple functions.
- Leverage expertise in industry best practices, policies, procedures, and methodologies to help Splunk along the subscription model journey, specifically in how we measure in a SaaS operating model
- Provide expertise on the “TO BE” process or model and work with subject matter experts to obtain agreement. “Own” the to-be process or model definition or vision.
- Translate the TO BE solution into prioritized use cases and user stories.
- Collaborate with the technical team to prioritize shippable increments and ensure the integrity of the final solution.
- Create a formal network and acts as the liaison between business stakeholders, users, and technical teams.
- Collaborate with the business to ensure business readiness and transfer knowledge for any new process / system.
- Evaluate and own ensuring operational readiness for the TO BE solution
- Ensure integrity of the business capability leveraging deep subject matter expertise and previous experience to ensure it is designed and developed correctly
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Minimum of 8 years of Business Process Improvement experience or relevant professional experience
- Must have experience designing and implementing subscription metrics
- Strong background in establishing current state business process models and providing process improvement / redesign
- Solid experience in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Strong organizational and business analysis skills
- Familiarity with/ ability to to drive the Agile development and release methodologies, especially for automation of business processes, improvements/ redesigns
- Ability to present complex ideas simply
- Ability to work across cross functional group and ensure ability to influence and execute across groups
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity
- Consulting or Six Sigma experience preferred
Education: Got it!
Bachelor’s degree/foreign equivalent in a related discipline or substantial relevant on the job experience
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.