Cloud Sales Specialist
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an impact and help transform the way companies do business? Splunk’s Cloud business is continuing to grow rapidly and we are looking for a top notch sales team member to help ensure its success. Candidates should have a measurable track record in selling Splunk’s solutions or SaaS solutions overall.
The Cloud Sales Specialist will play a key role leading the sales team to sell Splunk Cloud in a way that results in continued growth, and equally importantly, customer success and good business for Splunk overall.
- Identify obstacles to successful Cloud selling, develop and implement programs to remove them.
- Be an overall Splunk Cloud selling resource for sales team members to help them build, mature and close Cloud business. Provide them with expert guidance to better qualify, understand customer pain points/use cases to best position Splunk Cloud to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Communicate to Splunk leadership observations from the Field that may help change or adjust overall strategy. Participate in business and strategy planning meetings with leadership.
- Help structure, guide and review sales proposals to ensure they are correct and aligned with Margin and overall Best Practices for selling Splunk Cloud.
- Participate in regular sales leadership forecast calls to support Cloud opportunities and explore how Cloud can be leveraged to gain competitive advantage and to win other opportunities as well.
- Accurately and regularly forecast Cloud bookings for roll up to Splunk Cloud leadership.
- Deliver regular education sessions to the sales teams that will make it natural for them to sell Cloud in a way that accelerates sales cycles, deal sizes, customer success and ensures good business.
- Understand and leverage the TCO and Interactive Value Assessment tools to help the sales team incorporate this into their sales opportunities on a regular basis.
- Act as a “Cloud Account Manager” as needed to help manage the relationship and project status with large and or complex customers that need additional attention. Be a liaison for sharing information between account teams, Cloud Product Management, Engineering and Operations.
- 5 + years software selling experience, ideally selling Splunk and/or Splunk Cloud solutions, ideally with IT Operations and Security.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment.
- Currently and consistently over the year overachieved quota (top producer, made presidents club, etc)
- Successful track record working closely with sales leadership and guiding sales teams to effectively sell a solution with a different selling motion and value proposition.
- Experience working for a legacy software that transitioned into a SaaS provider.
- Proven experience working with partners and GSIs.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Fluent in English (both written & spoken)
- Relevant software industry experience in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Use CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively.
- Available to travel approximately 25% of time.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.