Senior Product Manager - Content Distribution (Remote, US)
Sr. Product Manager - Security Content Distribution
Join us as we pursue our innovative new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Sr. Product Manager for Security Content will be responsible for driving the roadmap for key aspects of new cloud native security content distribution service for the security products line at Splunk. The PM will have an opportunity to use their entire range of skills and interact with security research, sales, marketing, and development to guide Splunk’s approach to delivering content to splunk solutions. This role presents an excellent opportunity for the right individual to establish themselves as the owner of key elements of Splunk’s industry-leading security solutions as they apply to the Cloud.
- Work across the entire product life cycle while developing the next generation of content distribution, from strategic planning, portfolio integration, and end to end service ownership.
- Track dependencies across the Splunk product portfolio for content distribution. Prioritize effectively across multiple stakeholders’ requirements and conflicting dimensions.
- Make tough prioritization choices and find creative solutions to hard problems.
- Acts independently to resolve methods and procedures on new assignments. Works under general direction toward predetermined long-range goals. Figures out and pursues courses of action essential in acquiring desired outcomes.
- Work closely with engineering and architecture teams to specify clear priorities, evaluate technical tradeoffs, and build high-impact features.
- Support development in crafting detailed engineering requirements to the individual feature level.
- Report status crisply and succinctly to multiple partners, leadership, and customers.
- Drive consensus from team members as well as senior executives.
- A proven track record for building and delivering enterprise products from the ground up
- Manage product roadmaps and timelines, and track corresponding development efforts
- Work cross-functionally with other Splunk product teams to deliver unified value
- Collaborate with analyst relations and provide content for analyst briefings
- Minimum 5 years proven experience, including at least
- 2+ years in product management for Cloud (SaaS or IaaS) products that are customer facing technical roles for enterprise security products.
- Experience in Security research and/or SOC analyst workflows
- Experience working with Agile development teams using Scrum methodology
- Good understanding of a range of Cloud (SaaS and IaaS) solutions and enterprise security products
- Solid understanding of core Splunk & ES or one major non-Splunk SIEM or log management solution
- Passion for building products that are both technically solid and that win in the marketplace
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field required
- MBA or equivalent work experience desired
- Or equivalent practical experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.