Emerging Products Advisory Engineer
Emerging Products Advisory Engineer
As an Emerging Products Advisory Engineer at Splunk, you will have the unique opportunity to be a part of a team responsible for bringing new products and technologies to customers. You will collaborate closely with Product and Engineering as they develop and bring these solutions to market. You will be the champion for customers and what they need to succeed at every step. You should be someone who’s deeply technical, but also have people skills as you will be the face of Splunk to many of our customers.
- Design, develop and deliver Splunk solutions to drive customer business value from our products while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases
- Provide technical leadership and contribute to key decision-making related to new solutions and products and cross-product integrations
- Partner with Product and Engineering to understand customer challenges to design and develop solutions
- Provide continuous user feedback for fast iteration on the products being developed
- Build customer advocacy through relationship building and expert communication skills
- Collaborate with other teams, SMES and leaders across the organization to enable GTM product launch
- Expertise with Unix and Windows operating systems and at the command line interface
- Strong shell scripting and high-level language expertise
- Hands on experience implementing Splunk products
- Working knowledge of distributed system architectures and complex data pipelines
- Consulting background and /or comfortable working with customers
- Expert troubleshooting skills using diagnostic and development tools
- Great listener, passionate about puzzles, and not afraid to dive into a problem to help solve it
- Self-motivated, self-educating and a self-starter
- Strong passion for collaboration, teamwork, quality and attention to detail
- Willing to travel up to 25%
Bonus points if you have familiarity with:
- Technical consulting experience of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of IoT, security and streaming analytics)
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to be a founding member of a brand new business unit working like a startup but with a large community of passionate users
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support -- Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing our employees through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.