Event Marcom Specialist
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
The Event Marcom Specialist is responsible for supporting Splunk’s Global Event communication strategy through events such as our global user conference, .conf, SplunkLive! events, Sales/Partner Kickoffs, industry programming and other high-value programs. Although broad marketing and event management experience is helpful, this position requires specific skills, specifically MarCom management, project management, content planning and cross functional experience working toward a project goal.
This position is part of the Global Event Marketing team within the Corporate Marketing organization.
- Perform duties against a detailed Marcom strategic calendar to support Splunk’s Global event programming
- Produce all aspects of calendaring, timelines, and reporting for marcom assets
- Request email asset creation needs, schedule and QA process in partnership with Brand and DemandGen
- Support .conf website publishing deadlines based on program information and content production.
- Review page requirements for design, wire frame, and page builds from web marketing
- Hold stakeholders and content creators to the marcom schedule of all web pages for programs
- Lead regular cadence with Social Media team on upcoming milestones, messaging prioritization and content/creative review.
- Work through Event Content teams for all widgets/components that pull between systems (i.e. content catalog, .conf online, learning paths).
- Continually connect with key stakeholders in product and corporate departments to ensure priorities and initiatives are aligned
- Create and execute various reports that share key findings throughout event development and post-event cycles
- Develop strong relationships with event team and other cross functional teams
- Collaborate and work with agency counterparts to maximize value and output
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing role in the technology sector (software industry experience preferred), ideally with a marcom focus
- Strong copywriting skills, specifically around event communications, including but not limited to corporate, prospect and customer emails, blogs, social campaigns and video scripts.
- Other marcom and programming experience (such as proven success contributing to Global programs or field marketing) preferred and may be helpful in this role
- Marcom systems experience a plus - and strong Eloqua, MS Office and G-suite knowledge required.
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Jira or Aprimo will be useful in this role.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, set priorities, work proactively and independently, problem solve, improvise and function as part of a team that must perform under pressure
- Ability to collaborate and develop positive business relationships with all cross-functional peers and stakeholders (many of whom are geographically dispersed)
- Enthusiastic team player with exceptional communication, writing, project management and interpersonal skills
- Travel is limited to events being supported.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.