Atlassian Systems Engineer (US Remote Available)
How do you scale to a multiple billion-dollar company with thousands of users? Are you ready to shake things up? Join Splunk as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
Splunk's Collaboration Team is seeking an Atlassian Systems Engineer that will be administering Jira, Confluence, Trello and complementary technologies. This requires you to be familiar with both Atlassian Data Center and Atlassian Enterprise Cloud. You will also diagnose and resolve application issues and develop scalable solutions. You will have an interest in learning to deploy and support a diverse variety of environments, including large, high availability networks. Strong customer service skills will be necessary for this position, as the Atlassian Engineer will interact with employees on a regular basis. You will assist with projects, application upgrades, maintenance activities, and on-call responsibilities. You'll be working on a team that is recognized by Atlassian as one of the best in the world at what they do. Check it out here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGaEipvS-ZI
- Daily operational support of Splunk’s Atlassian hybrid on-premise and cloud environment
- You will coordinate and implement software and configuration changes to improve the experience for Splunk’s global workforce
- You will build new Jira projects, and author workflows based on user requirements
- You will manage the Confluence environment and create spaces, pages, page templates as necessary
- Ensure optimal configuration of Atlassian Enterprise Cloud for our employees
- You will ensure system availability of all Atlassian tools based on defined SLAs
- You will handle service ticket queue to ensure timely resolution for end user issues
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- 5+ years managing collaboration systems at scale
- 3+ years of Jira and Confluence administration experience, supporting small to large enterprise environments both in Atlassian Data Center and Atlassian Cloud
- Experience with REST APIs is a must
- 2+ years of Atlassian Cloud experience
- Experience administering Jira, Confluence and complementary technologies
- Experience with integrations in a SaaS environment such as Salesforce, Slack, Zoom and Google Workspace
- Experience with a scripting language such as Python
- Strong verbal, written and social skills are a requirement
- You will always seek the root cause and solve the problem once
- You will automate tasks where appropriate to enable Splunk to scale
- Ability to self-motivate, handle, and prioritize competing tasks
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work after hours to support projects and maintenance activities
Nice to have:
- Experience managing other productivity Saas Platforms such as Smartsheet and Lucidchart etc
- Atlassian certifications ACP-120, ACP-420 or ACP-620
- Experience with Atlassian Connect or Atlassian Forge
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $75,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.