Join us on the DevOps Engineering Team, working on our vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone! You will configure and maintain our customer-facing SaaS product, Splunk Cloud. Come join a team that is striving for operational awesomeness and trying to automate the world. We have a large AWS presence, and you should have experience with AWS architecting, deployments, and networking. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing cloud experience and drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
Splunk's Cloud group is looking for skilled DevOps Engineers to support and build our large scale Cloud offering. You will be working with a fun, diverse, geographically distributed team to deliver an excellent product and an extraordinary experience to our customers.
- You are passionate about building and running distributed systems at scale in production. You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production.
- You constantly consider "How can I automate this process?"
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
- Experience monitoring cloud environments using tools like Splunk, VictorOps, Nagios, Zabbix, and PagerDuty.
- You care about good documentation and appreciate how it allows a distributed team to function.
- Ability to tackle complex problems, resolve operational issues, and interact with vendors to find solutions.
- Comfortable working with critical, customer-facing issues and able to prioritize quickly when escalations happen.
- Extensive experience as a Linux system administrator supporting enterprise computing platforms and systems.
- Experience running complex systems in AWS, including Amazon EC2.
- Experience with Python or Shell for scripting, and Git or similar version control system.
- Experience supporting customer facing SaaS infrastructure or similar cloud related services.
- Splunk experience a plus.
- Bachelors Degree or comparable work experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.