Head of Pricing and Monetization
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Are you a dynamic individual interested in pricing and packaging strategy, monetization strategy, and pricing program development and execution? Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world and be based in San Francisco or San Jose? Then this position at Splunk is for you!
We are looking for a well-rounded leader with a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high growth environment. Reporting to the SVP, Strategy and Business Operations, the head of Pricing and Monetization will lead the team responsible for driving the pricing, packaging, and monetization strategy and execution working cross-functionally to accelerate growth, optimize pricing, and transform our business models across our portfolio of on-prem and SaaS products and services, across multiple routes to market.
- Work with leaders in product management, marketing, sales and finance to craft new business models, define monetization strategies for new offerings, and develop new enterprise wide pricing and licensing strategies that support growth and cross-portfolio cohesion
- Deliver pricing recommendations that follow a logically reasoned, data-driven approach, supported by appropriate market research and competitive analysis
- Guide cross-functional pricing committee cadence, leading with a value-based pricing framework and analytics to inform and govern progress checkpoints and decisions
- Define and implement pricing programs and new packaging / bundling opportunities to drive growth, increase customer adoption, expand routes to market, and simplify the selling motion
- Drive robust pricing and customer analytics and research, including CLTV, cohort, street pricing, conjoint, economic value drivers, customer value perception interviews, etc
- Define, track and measure pricing KPIs, defining actionable cross-functional decision insights on pricing performance
- 15+ years of experience in enterprise technology industry across pricing, strategic planning, business analytics and/or product strategy and management with 5+ years of specific experience packaging and pricing for software businesses
- Understanding of SaaS/subscription and software licensing models; Understanding of two-tier channel, OEM and web-based sales structures
- Proven leadership experience leading high performing teams in fast-paced environments, driving complex, transformation initiatives cross-functionally
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- High aptitude to learn quickly, assimilate to new teams and projects, provide critical thinking on new and unknown tasks, and work well under pressure with appropriate attention to detail.
- Ability to translate and communicate complex topics in a variety of forums, tailoring communications to effectively fit and influence the targeted audience. Strong executive presence, presentation and written and verbal communication skills. Comfort engaging with global executives in business and technical discussions.
- Personal interest in technology, software, and all things Big Data.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, engineering, statistics, or other quantitative disciplines; MBA degree strongly preferred.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.