Finance Manager, WW Commercial Sales
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for an individual to join its sales finance team focusing on the Worldwide Commercial Sales Theater. Come join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk’s fast-growing business. This finance manager position will report into the Global Sales FP&A Director and be principally responsible for leading sales planning and annual budgeting processes, monthly close and quarter-end reporting processes, end-to-end P&L management and ad-hoc business support. You will partner closely with all the WW Commercial Theater sales executives as well as sales operations teams to plan and prioritize supporting the company’s sales initiatives and growth objectives. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, handle multiple priorities, as well as the ability to deal with the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization.
This is an outstanding opportunity to become the FP&A lead in supporting front-line, and fast-growing parts of the sales organization, while owning crucial finance processes
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Work with Regional Sales Execs to support our strategic and financial planning processes, the annual plan, and quarterly financial forecasts as well as the underlying financial planning models, systems and tools
- Develop and monitor leading performance indicators for both growth and productivity, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances in performance
- Prepare monthly and quarterly models and business reviews to Execs on Theater P&Ls - analyzing results, distilling/synthesize business KPIs, assess business risk and operating performance, and timely communicate risks and opportunities to management
- Assist in other ad-hoc analysis in partnership with sales ops and presentation of strategic materials for sales management
- Introduce improvements to improve accuracy of processing / reporting and develop data controls to ensure accuracy and consistency of reporting
- Collaborate with various functional departments and internally within Finance as appropriate.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 8+ years of progressive finance experience, with a strong preference of having directly supported large enterprise sales organizations or in support of a software/Saas business
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy-to-understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team
- Ability to think creatively; Builder who is ambitious. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Collaboratively focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever-changing business
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal direct supervision
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Experience in complex modelling (e.g., Headcount, return on investment assessment, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP accounting and key non-GAAP metrics
- High attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with an ability to craft order out of ambiguity
- Outstanding software and system skills (e.g., SAP, Expert at Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets a must. SAP, Workday, Salesforce.com, Anaplan experience a plus
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or related relevant areas
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.