AVP, Security Market Group Customer Success Leader
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you thrive on seeing customers happy? Do you possess the ability to recognize the infrastructure that is needed to deliver positive customer outcomes in Security Markets? If so, and you are interested in building a team responsible for exceeding customer expectations of what Splunk can do for them in high impact and specialized markets, then this role may be for you.
Our AVP, Security Markets Group Customer Success Leader works alongside the wider Customer Success team (Sales Engineering, Professional Services, Customer Success Management, Support, Education, Support, Renewals and Technical Enablement) and our Security Markets Group leaders and stakeholders. Working very closely with your segment teams, you will ensure CS strategies, offerings and services align with our customer needs and our product roadmap. You will be responsible for leading accountability and execution across the Customer Success organization and collaborating with our Security Markets Group, aligning CS to provide a complete solution to our customers. You will ensure execution across Customer Success functions and the business to align with our Corporate Strategy, CS Strategy, and Security Markets Group Strategy. In this critical role, you will ensure the Customer Success org is aligned and delivering on promises to customers, CS performance metrics, and overall success.
- As an integral part of the Customer Success leadership team, you will be accountable for the overall Security Markets Group program.
- Owns interlock, prioritization, strategy, performance and development of the Security Markets Group practice across Customer Success.
- Partner with CS and Products to identify and prioritize designing in ‘LAER aware’ features and analytics/telemetry for segmentation, visibility, and continuous improvement.
- Develop, influence and partner to execute the Security Markets Group Customer Success offering roadmap. Includes market analysis, structured voice of customer research, pricing, go to market, requirements definition and delivery readiness.
- Ensure the right CS vertical engagement model to all functions supporting the Security Markets Group.
- Work closely with Partners to craft their own complimentary offerings.
- Define processes and procedures for developing economies of scale across the business.
- Build our global business and delivery capacity around the systematic implementation of Splunk’s Portfolio.
- Lead the effort to build high impact communications and collateral to ensure scalable success.
- Work with Splunk software engineering and pre-sales teams to ensure a seamless experience for our valued customers.
- Work directly with customers in the IT delivery area across post-sales functions.
- Ensure Security Markets expertise and capability across CS (readiness), providing recommendations to leadership on resourcing, direction, and technical development to move customer success forward.
- Shape customer expectations and thoroughly align outcomes with customer requirements while focusing on business value.
- Lead a matrixed team across Pre-Sales and Post-Sales Customer Success functions to achieve the aforementioned goals.
- Provide strategic vision and roadmap for direction the Security Markets Group should be heading over the next 1-3 years, related to Customer Success functions.
- Define the path to success and influence others, in Customer Success, the Security Markets Group, and the Sales team to achieve and exceed their performance goals.
- Ensure the right CS metrics are available and create an operating rhythm and mechanisms to influence and drive continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the entire Splunk Corporate team to realize success relative to Customer Success.
- 12-15+ years of Pre and/or Post Sales experience selling and/or delivering Security solutions to customers globally.
- Extensive Services leadership experience, with 5+ years in a senior level role in a matrixed environment.
- Firm understanding of Customer Success business priorities and practices in Sales Engineering, Professional Services, CSM - Customer Success Management, Education/Enablement and Technical Support
- Experience with Customer Success solution development in the Security market.
- Comfortable leading change, developing processes, implementing procedures and working across the Security Markets Group, Customer Success and the overall GTM organization to achieve desired outcomes.
- Although this role is strategic in nature, need to have the ability to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- Experience leading technical experts and Security Practice Leaders.
- Ability to work across the Customer Success organization in a positive and effective manner to drive Security Markets Group execution.
- Deep understanding of Security Markets software solutions, log aggregation and machine data integration.
- Proven experience developing and enabling Ops Plans and achieving outcomes (right people, right goal, right numbers).
- Willing to work as part of a diverse team, taking mentorship from multiple partners to achieve desired outcomes.
- Able to travel 50% globally (more during peak times)
- BA/BS preferred in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business or equivalent work experience preferred. MS a strong plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.