Build and Release Engineer (Mobile)
Build and Release Engineer (Mobile)
Engineering San Jose, California
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
About the Role
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an build and release engineer. We are at the forefront of our industry, always expanding into new areas, and working with open source and new technologies.
- A set of talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering, test engineers to product management.
- Breadth and depth. You want to work on an area that spans backend and frontend? We have that. You want to go deep into optimizing how we compress data for fast random-access retrieval? We have that too, and more.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, have a shared kitchen and sit down for a quick sync every morning.
- Work vs Life balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too.
- Perform build and release of mobile products on Apple iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and Google Android
- Maintain and manage build environment with Apple Xcode and Google Android Studio
- Coordinate with tools development team to ensure mobile team’s CI/CD to be flawlessly operate
- Troubleshoot build related issues
- Participate to improve mobile team’s CI/CD workflow
- Work closely with QA automators to integrate automated testing as a part of CI/CD
- Develop utility to allow engineers to setup standardized development environment quickly
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science/Software Engineering with 3+ years of experience required
- Solid knowledge of mobile software development with Apple Xcode or Google Android Studio
- Experience in CI/CD
- Experience in automation with bash scripts, makefiles, and other tools
- Experience in Jenkinsfile and pipelines or have experience with other CI
- Experience in App Store submission for Apple or Google is definite plus
- Strong knowledge of product quality standards
- System/critical thinking and big picture mindset
- Be mature and patient on handling conflicts
- Effective communicator
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.