Principal Software Engineer
Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference for your customers? Do you enjoy building large scale applications that are powered by huge data sets? Do you value working in an environment where you're empowered to make key technical decisions across a full stack of technologies? If so, a role on the Splunk Security Analytics team would be a great fit for you.
Splunk Enterprise Security is a sophisticated SIEM built atop Splunk’s data platform with lots of moving parts. We help thousands of clients as they identify and protect their assets from cyber threats, all over the world. On any given day, our software needs to handle thousands of users, petabytes of data, and unique usage patterns across different deployment topologies.
We are a passionate team who care deeply about our customers and our teammates. In this role, you will work directly with Product Management, Design, and other engineering teams to help derive the best experience for the customer. Additionally, as an integral member of the team with a Frontend focus, you will help build the future of our software by designing, creating, testing and maintaining products that directly support security analysts all across the world. You will collaborate with your team and across the organization on frontend initiatives and information architecture to deliver the best user experience for our products. You will influence the direction of our technology as well as mentor other members of your team.
If staying technically challenged and learning from others is meaningful to you, you'll love our internal technical seminars and company-wide hackathons.
- 12+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- Solid experience with HTML5, CSS3, GraphQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another quantitative field of study. We will consider equivalent work experience and/or additional education.
- Experience working on low-latency, high throughput real-time data processing initiatives.
- Knowledge of distributed computing architectures and principles that solve for scalability, consistency, availability, performance, and reliability.
- Experience with an Agile DevOps engineering environment that effectively uses CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, GitLab).
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and to understand a wide variety of technical challenges to be solved.
- Work with UX and Design to standardize and simplify UI development practices.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills, specifically a proven ability to effectively work with others within a dynamic environment.
- Understanding of SQL and NoSQL database technologies at scale.
- Programming experience using languages such as Python or C/C++.
- Experience in Node.js.
- Exposure to Terraform (IaC).
- Experience with Kubernetes for container orchestration.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn! We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Fun. It is one of our core tenets.
- Work life balance, with efficient work from home environments today and modern offices standing by for future times.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.