Sr. UX Researcher
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Senior User Experience Researcher, your ability to identify, prioritize, and execute high-impact research will help cross-functional teams make well-informed decisions to define the future of Splunk products. The research will come in the form of multi-methods, including but not limited to foundational, generative, and evaluative research while combining that with quantitative data sets (if applicable). You are recognized and trusted as the person who understands the constraints of the cross-functional team, and adapts the research as needed to achieve the research goals. With your involvement, your stakeholders will integrate your research into the product roadmap.
You have a clear perspective about what research is needed for the cross-functional team, and persevere with that perspective as you work with your stakeholders to create buy-in and alignment. Through your work and collaborative process, you improve non-user researchers’ understanding and engagement of user needs and how to best address those needs. We’re looking for thinkers and innovators who are willing to challenge the status quo and are energized by developing creative solutions to complex problems.
What you’ll do:
- Drive user-centered principles within a cross-functional team.
- Foster and grow user research and a data driven product design culture.
- Design and conduct user research for Splunk products, and communicate research insights to stakeholders and team members.
- Analyze existing data and product designs to generate hypotheses and plans for high-impact research.
- Identify, prioritize, and execute research to improve user experience through multi-method research projects, sometimes in collaboration with research partners (including managers) and other cross-functional stakeholders at various stages of the product development lifecycle.
- Manage stakeholders dynamically that includes guiding stakeholder discussions with the appropriate user research methods to achieve business and design goals.
- Create deliverables in the form of engaging reports, journey maps, or other materials as needed by the project team.
- Drive change by communicating findings to stakeholders in the company. Make research findings convincing and actionable for cross-functional partners to create a smarter, more informed, and more empathetic team
- Unafraid of creating new systems and processes as needed.
- This is a very hands-on role, and includes managing participant recruitment, data collection (includes moderating sessions), data synthesis and analysis, and delivery of findings and recommendations.
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years experience doing applied product mixed method, qualitative and quantitative user research.
- Degree in the field of HCI, Human Factors, Usability Engineering, or a related field (advanceddegree a plus).
- Interest in big data and how data is consumed by various users is a plus.
- Extensive experience planning and executing different types of research methodologies
- Strong sense of independence, ownership, and initiative with an ability to self-direct and manage what to work on, how to get it done, and when to deliver
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to manage multiple high-profile projects in a dynamic organization.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to drive and steer medium-to-high complexity research projects independently.
- Experience with enterprise software is a major plus
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.