Cloud Security Engineer - Regulated Cloud
Software Engineer - Regulated Cloud
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
This role does not require an active security clearance, however the candidates for this role are required to apply and get approved to work on Splunk’s regulated cloud offering after joining. Splunk Inc will facilitate the approval process.
The Cloud Access team is a part of the larger Cloud Security, Access and Compliance organization. As a member of the team, you will collaborate with other engineering, security and operations teams to execute on strategic plans and develop tactical execution methodologies which improve the “protect, detect, and respond” capabilities of Splunk Cloud.
The ideal candidate has a strong passion to help enable Cloud Security to protect our organization, customers, and assets. You will work with Cloud operations teams, Splunk Global Security, incident responders, and threat intel teams, as well as security solution providers, to help improve the team's security posture and achieve success.
Software engineers work with our partner teams to identify and develop sophisticated playbooks and new integrations with a wide range of security technologies and services. The role involves not only developing the solutions but working with our internal customers and partners to improve their projects by providing mentorship on how to resolve technical issues and challenges. The ideal candidate enjoys the challenge of solving complex problems and seeing results that generate success.
This role provides engineering and operational support for cutting edge security tools, as well as deploying and running services that make full use of both private and public cloud services. The role is also responsible for Planning, Design, Testing, Deployment/Implementation, Break/Fix, Patching, Change Control and Service Maintenance/Support/Updates of high complex systems to fulfill Splunk Cloud’s business needs. This role will provide security engineering support in the following areas:
- Build reusable, testable, scalable, and efficient security integrations using Golang and/or Python that improve daily operations of Splunk Cloud.
- Extend existing security services and platforms to enhance partner capabilities.
- Identify use cases that can be built with existing tools and services to enhance both security automation and posture.
- Improve service maturity and observability of existing services and platforms.
- This role also includes supporting the definition of requirements that enable innovative integrations and solutions.
- Collaborate on the evaluation and test solutions with the intent of improving Splunk’s overall risk posture.
- Proficient in Golang and/or Python(or any programming/scripting language)
- Proficient development skills, with experience in using REST APIs to integrate disparate security technologies, CI/CD and Git
- A strong foundation in the deployment of a wide range of security solutions. Experience in Linux and networking is required
- Experience in instrumenting code for logs/metrics and creating dashboards
- Demonstrated ability to accurately assess problems and requests from multiple perspectives, analyze approach feasibility, and decide on the efficient course of action
- 5 or more years of experience in one or more of these critical areas: Information Security Technology, Engineering, Operations
- Strong ability to communicate data, facts, and analysis of the technical subject matter.
- You will support collaboration when working on engineering’s goals and objectives.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Open to US remote but must work on US soil
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Azure AD and or other Identity providers
- Experience in Agile Development practices
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible or Terraform
- Exposure to CIS, DTPR, PCI, and FedRAMP regulation
What We Offer You:
The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in the Bay Area, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.