Contract Manager - SaaS / Legal Commercial (Remote)
We seek a Contract Manager to support Splunk’s sales growth in Splunk’s AMER and EMEA sales and channel, and US/Canada Public Sector theaters, with a focus on out-bound enterprise cloud transactions.
For AMER, EMEA you will manage and drive the negotiations of (i) outbound cloud software subscriptions, (ii) sales channel and strategic alliance agreements, system integrator and OEM contracts. For Public Sector you will manage and drive the negotiations of agreements with U.S. and Canadian Public Sector customers.
The Contract Manager will work closely with members of Splunk’s AMER Public Sector, Sales, Partner, Products, Revenue, and Finance teams. You will be able to interpret and address the contractual issues that come with selling cloud to the business enterprise. (Your experience with data privacy, liability issues, and service levels are strongly valued by us!) You will team to develop and improve cross-team training material, process improvements, initiatives and playbooks to help scale for growth. The role will be remote and based on the East Coast time-zone and report to Melissa Harkcom.
To succeed, the role requires you to possess excellent business judgment, strategic outlook and critical thinking; have the ability to perform independently as well as cross-functionally and demonstrate flexibly in a collaborative, dynamic team environment; know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and in a timely manner; possess strong persuasion, negotiation and collaboration skills and excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills; be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment.
- Drive and manage complex commercial contract negotiations, with a focus on enterprise cloud and technology sales in AMER, EMEA and US/Canadian Public Sector;
- Resolve outbound software and SaaS subscription, sales channel and strategic alliance, system integrator and OEM contracts, and Public Sector negotiations;
- Support Splunk’s other locations as needed;
- Build strong internal and external relationships while balancing the needs in Splunk’s AMER, EMEA and Public Sector locations and align with Splunk’s global strategy;
- Provide continuous improvement of cross-team education and guardrails, playbooks, contract templates, and legal processes;
- Other responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from US or EU university with excellent academic credentials;
- At least [six] years’ experience in SaaS, cloud computing and enterprise software customer sales contracts negotiations in Private and Public Sectors;
- Familiarity with reviewing and negotiating legal documents associated with U.S. and Canadian Federal Government COTS items procurements;
- Excellent project management and record keeping skills;
- Ability to take the initiative, work independently, but within a team to prioritize and balance multiple tasks in our dynamic, evolving legal and technology environment;
- Substantive transaction experience with complex contracts and/or licensing agreements, working with two-tier sales partners.
- Experience working in fast-paced technology companies is required;
- Substantive experience in addressing contractual issues in cloud, data security, privacy, and intellectual property matters strongly preferred.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.