Legal Technology & Solutions Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are seeking a hardworking and motivated individual to join Splunk’s growing legal operations team. In this role, you will help support business processes, design, implement and maintain department technology applications and infrastructure, and work with different teams across the Legal and Global Affairs department and company to enable the business to grow and scale. The Legal Technology & Solutions Manager will report to the Head of Legal Technology. The role will need to adapt and evolve as legal operations continue to build and align with the needs of the department and the business.
Personal Characteristics and Skills
- Demonstrates, enthusiasm, and resourcefulness, maintains a good work ethic and a high degree of accountability
- Takes initiative to identify gaps or opportunities to improve processes and makes recommendations on technology solutions
- Demonstrates strong personal organization
- Enjoys multi-tasking and operating independently and multi-functionally
- Is agile in learning and mastering new technologies quickly
- Shows ability and desire to communicate with people across all levels in the organization who have varying levels of technological experience
- Is flexible, willing to work through day-to-day manual tasks, and has impeccable follow-through
- Has high attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Maintains a forward-thinking spirit that seeks out opportunity and mental agility that welcomes a constantly evolving landscape
- Possesses organizational and project management skills
- Able to understand, analyze and evaluate business processes and related software programs and systems
- Maintains a sense of humor and lives the mantra—work hard, have fun, make history!
- Demonstrable ability to successfully work in a remote environment
- Build, implement, and maintain custom workflows using Thinksmart Automation Platform (TAP)
- Lead and participate in the evaluation, testing, design, and implementation of new software, or enhancements to existing, applications
- Assist in identifying, designing, and developing metrics to assess employee use of technology applications, organizational effectiveness, and customer satisfaction
- Analyze and provide assessments on the accuracy, reliability, and effectiveness of existing systems and recommend improvements in system design, business processes, and new technology product offerings
- Create, manage, and maintain intranet sites (simpplr platform)
- Build and manage knowledge management/task management systems/processes
- Lead requirement gathering sessions with business stakeholders and draft requirement documents to build solutions independently or in collaboration with IT.Partners with technology teams in drafting or translating business requirements into technical designs
- Manage and administer the e-NDA tool
- Manage the administration of other tools, applications, and processes used within the Legal & Global Affairs organization
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic credentials
- Proven experience developing workflows on ThinkSmart Application Platform (TAP)
- Experience managing legal applications (e.g. Apttus, DocuSign, EthicsPoint, IPAN, IPFolio, Zapproved, Red Flag Group, SimpleLegal, etc.)
- Minimum of 8+ full years in-house experience in legal operations, with an emphasis on legal technology
- Experience in a dynamic high-performing environment requiring a high level of responsiveness
- Experience working in-house at a technology company strongly preferred
- Expertise with Google Suite, Jira, SmartSheet, ServiceNow, a plus!
- Skilled in requirements gathering, user acceptance testing, implementing systems and process changes
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.