AVP Global Security Markets Specialization
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Title: AVP Global Security Markets Specialization
Location: San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Plano-Texas, McLean-VA (near one of our U.S. Splunk offices).
As the AVP of Global Security Markets Specialization leader you will report in to the VP Global Industries & Specialization and you will help build, grow, and speed opportunities to close for the Security Markets Group. You will be responsible for improving security specialization across all field roles, evangelizing Splunk within theaters to generate new pipeline, and evolving the selling motion making it easier to sell security solutions at Splunk. You will play a meaningful role in developing the field go-to-market strategy in order to achieve bookings targets and customer success via a global team of field and customer-facing domain experts in cybersecurity, compliance, and fraud. The go-to-market strategy for the program should incorporate a strong sales process discipline within vertical and horizontal markets as well as direct and indirect selling models. You have solid security industry domain expertise and validated ability to lead a global organization of 40+ security experts.
- Drive the Security Specialist team and Security Markets solutions adoption with existing customers as well as new prospects.
- Assist the field to build, grow and speed the pipeline to close. Lead and report on the pipeline and forecast for Security Markets solutions globally.
- Provide mentoring, advice and guidance to the field (sales and technical leadership) on the execution of sales opportunities leveraging specialists and any pattern recognition possible
- Represent the organization to help unify our product and go to market strategy.
- Establish credibility for the team with the field organization as domain subject matter experts providing incremental value to the sales motion and customer interactions.
- Hire the right team of domain experts to match our culture, values, and fuel our growth.
- Use our sales methodology and processes effectively while assisting in their evolution.
- Be a good corporate citizen enabling a two-way flow of relevant and timely information; working as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing.
- Represent Splunk in key security industry events and executive briefings as a business leader and domain expert
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years’ experience building and running teams in multiple (ideally global) geographies
- 15+ years of enterprise software field experience in sales, sales engineering, professional services, or consulting
- Second line management experience
- CISSP certification and/or 5+ years of relevant work experience in the Security space
- Excellent understanding of the security market and IT/cyber security trends
- You will have strong knowledge of the relevant technology solution landscape
- Strong background in Internet infrastructure, security, and enterprise solution software required, web-based applications a plus
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of success positively impacting sales, teamwork, strategy and vision
- Strong executive presence and polish internally and externally
- Solid ability to make and achieve dedications and be consistently accurate
- Extraordinary management, Interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Consistent track record in over-achieving quarterly and/or annually or exceeding their leadership goals in a field-supporting role
- Familiar with product roadmap planning to incorporate customer requirements into Splunk service offerings
- Experience in successfully executing complex sales cycles with CXOs
- Experience selling complex solutions to the Global 2000 or Fortune 500 Company List
- Ideal candidates will bring with them a range of industry-related contacts
- You have high ethics, integrity, and humility and be able to partner with other teams
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support
- Ability to build, nurture and maintain high credibility with teams and strategic customers
- Formal sales training: MEDDPICC, Solution-Selling and/or Value Selling training preferred
- Use of CRM systems (Salesforce.com) extensively
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.