Manager Customer Success
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Manager, Customer Success is responsible for building and setting the strategic direction for Splunk’s CSM organization in the AMERICAS East region. In this leadership position, you will lead the charge in helping our customers adopt and expand their use of the Splunk platform, technologies and services across Splunk’s commercial ecosystem. You will have functional responsibility over the East’s Customer Success Management organization and drive standards for hiring, training, and commercial execution in the field. Additionally, you will:
- Drive customer success strategies and work collaboratively to help them roadmap a solution to achieve their business objectives, ultimately leading to a strong renewal and expansion of the Splunk portfolio for all customers
- Set performance targets and metrics for the East team’s CSM organization.
- Provide communication to customers regarding Splunk's new product capabilities and use cases, as well as help them meet desired outcomes.
- Meet with Senior Leaders of Splunk's most strategic accounts and help guide their commercial vision utilizing Splunk’s platform and technology.
- Function as a liaison between customer and various teams at Splunk (Account team, Education & Training, Professional Services, Renewals, Support, Product, etc.)
- Lead the creation of onboarding, enablement and skill set development for the CSM function.
You will be asked to achieve the following goals:
- Commercial execution in dormant & active accounts
- Leadership and creation of standards across the East CSM team
- Customer adoption and expansion of Splunk technology
- Expand the market coverage of the CSM function
- Lead adoption and value realization activities for all customers, securing a strong renewal and expansion of the portfolio of customers
- You will oversee the East’s Customer Success Management organization by developing the commercial strategy for the team, communicating with senior leaders at strategic accounts, and building out a team of customer focused CSMs that share in Spunk's vision for the future.
Other responsibilities will include you:
- Developing customer success roadmaps
- Conducting periodic customer check-ins and business reviews
- Monitoring customer performance
- Achieving desired outcomes to help create referenceable customers
- Coaching team in establishing themselves as trusted advisors for the customers they support
- Acting as “QB” for Splunk internal resources
- Sharing standard methodologies, product information, and Splunk news.
- Supporting/driving customer campaigns
- Leading customer success metrics workshops
- Managing adoption, value realization and renewals for all customers in the portfolio
- 10+ years of technical experience in customer-centric roles.
- 5+ years of experience running technical customer-facing teams.
- You have a Post-Sales commercial mentality
- Strong experience with software renewal activity in a SAAS and subscription-based business model
- Demonstrable ability to lead expansion and adoption into large accounts.
- Consistent record of exceeding revenue targets for several years.
- Business consulting experience with demonstrated success in the following:
- Poised in objection handling
- Ability to craft and articulate a roadmap for customer to achieve success
- Skilled in developing and maintaining executive relationships and associated influencing strategies
- Project management including managing disparate, multi-functional, cross-enterprise project teams
- Ability to have value-based conversations with business executives
- Experience managing products, product offerings and customer experience
- Strong communication skills including professional writing skills, verbal skills and experience presenting to executive teams
- Strong Presales experience plus post-sales experience is strongly desired
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required – master’s degree a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.