Senior Product Manager, Customer Identity & Access Management (Remote, US Available)
Senior Product Manager, Customer Identity and Access Management
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Sr. Product Manager for the Identity team within the IT Engineering group, you will play a key role in the success of our Customer Identity and Access Management (CIAM) Okta solution. You will be responsible for driving the overall vision, roadmap and product features we deliver for our diverse set of partners. You will need to use your technical expertise and deep experience in delivering features using Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum, as a Product Owner for this position. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while defining detailed functional requirements, delivering within an agile delivery framework, and supervising key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing to develop a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are critical for this role.
- Represent the team as the main interface for collaboration with internal business partners and actively engage with them to ensure delivery is aligned with business needs and the product vision.
- Partner with other product managers, development managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues.
- Actively network with key industry contacts to understand standard methodologies and emerging trends for the domain and how they can be used within the company.
- Define and standardize Key Performance Indicators that will help aid in the decision-making process and showcase results.
- Manage the product backlog to ensure the highest business value is being delivered to our customers.
- Author technical feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying business use cases.
- Produce feature requirement artifacts, such as data flows, process flows, decision trees, state diagrams, and system context diagram to support the delivery team.
- Produce and lead go-live release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes.
- Present roadmaps, complex ideas and features to a broad audience effectively.
- Perform interviews to provide hiring recommendations based on competency and delivery effectiveness.
- Collaborate on ideas and provide feedback on many aspects of the team’s portfolio.
- Cultivate a positive culture where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent.
- 8+ years of experience as a technical product manager
- 3+ years implementing and managing large-scale Customer Identity and Access Management implementations.
- Experience working with Okta or similar solutions, that cover Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Deep understanding of common authentication protocols, such as Oauth, OpenID, SAML, RADIUS, or Kerberos.
- Intimate knowledge of Agile methodologies and core values to deliver work within the framework as a Product Owner.
- Independently author well-written technical and functional feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for complex technical use cases.
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Excellent written documentation and executive presentation skills.
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Jose and San Francisco offices to meet with key partners.
- BA/BS or MA/MS is required
Preferred, but not required
- Hold a current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.