Senior Security Engineer – Application & Mobile Penetration Testing
Security Engineer – Application Penetration Testing
The Product Security team members at Splunk ensure the security of our products and serve as subject matter experts for our engineering teams and Splunk partners to protect our customers’ data in today’s rapidly evolving threat landscape.
You will be a part of an exciting new Red Team initiative and will be responsible for penetration testing Splunk’s suite of products (on-prem and cloud). You will be the go-to person for researching new threats, executing creative exploits and establishing an internal penetration testing lab. In addition, you will work with external researchers and external penetration testing vendors to ensure that all publicly known vulnerabilities are appropriately addressed by Splunk.
You will be an ideal candidate if you:
- Have significant penetration testing experience and offensive capabilities in numerous core competency areas primarily in applications, but networks, infrastructure (cloud and on-prem) and mobile.
- Track the latest developments in vulnerability research, and how they may impact Splunk or its customers.
- Have a proven track record in participating in bug bounties.
- Having a few CVEs in your name or public street cred (blogs, research, education) a big plus.
- Have experience using standard tools for penetration testing and have the ability to develop tooling to solve new needs.
- 2 - 5 Years experience in application, mobile and infrastructure penetration testing.
- Strong understanding of vulnerabilities, common attack vectors and how to resolve them.
- Attacker mindset: ability to think about different threats andcreative attack vectors.
- Well-rounded background in host, network, mobile and application security.
- Effective written and oral communication
- Contributions to the security community such as research, public CVEs, bug-bounty recognitions, open-source projects, and blogs or publications.
- Experience with Splunk
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.