Product Roadmap Developer Intern - Remote (Summer 2021)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone with Splunk’s Data-to-Everything platform. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we are committed to our work, customers, having fun and, most importantly, to each other’s success.
As a Product Roadmap Developer Intern in Field Product Management (Field PM), you will be responsible for developing a dynamic roadmap tracking tool built on top of Splunk to support all Splunk Products. Our Splunk Product Roadmaps are crucial for our customers to know where our products are heading, our Sales team to make plans for how they will sell our products and for our Product Leadership team to have alignment and visibility into the product development progress. The dynamic roadmap tracking tool will streamline the roadmap update and maintenance process for Product Managers and Field PM.
This role will be part of the Field Product Management team, which works closely with all Product Managers across the entire Splunk portfolio, and equips Field teams with resources to improve transparency into our planning and set appropriate customer expectations around our products.
- Use the data model in Aha to develop lookup data source in Splunk will use to visualize product roadmap in a Splunk Dashboard
- Collaborate with the Field PM team and PMs to determine the best approach to build the dynamic roadmap
- Bonus/Above & Beyond: Build a prototype that automatically pulls data from Aha to build a dynamic roadmap
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Product sense to generate ideas and create an executable plan to solve problems
- Creative demeanor and passion for UI/UX and interface design
- Strong project execution skills, attention to detail and quality
- Ability to convey ideas optimally, listen intently, write strong product requirements, and drive consensus across functions and teams
- Ability to deal with ambiguity – given an open-ended task, you can seek out and read documentation and can deliver great work with minimal direction
- Self-motivated and collaborative
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.