Engineering Manager, Data Platform (Remote OK)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make all machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for an engineering leader to help manage and develop a team of passionate engineers working on expanding our core search capabilities to even more data types. This team is responsible for driving the performance, scale, and reliability of the search experience that powers Splunk’s core products.
You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility. The primary goal of this job is to enable every team member to do the best work of their lives.
Roles And Responsibilities
- You will nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Partner with your manager, architect, product manager, and peers to ensure alignment of your team’s work in delivering search improvements to customers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation supporting the engineers that are on-call for customer issues.
- You will work with technical architects and team to craft thoughtful approaches to evolving the search platform.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain great developers.Requirements
- 2+ years of management experience and 8 years of professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience
- Experience developing and delivering scalable systems software solutions.
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members to be successful.
- You are passionate about building and encouraging good engineering practices and processes, like version control, test-driven development, continuous integration, and build/test/release automation.
- You have a good foundation in backend systems, storage, filesystem, distributed systems and information retrieval.
- Experience in cloud native technologies and running cloud-based services.
- A plus if you have experience with large-scale query engines like Presto and AWS Athena
What We Offer You
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and encouraging work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our Colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an outstanding environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $150,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.