Engineering Manager - TechOps
Join us as we pursue our exciting vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can join our journey.
This Manager for Engineering will lead critical services within our Platform umbrella. Success will be measured by your ability to build and lead your team as part of our overall engineering strategy. You will seamlessly integrate within our innovative culture and contribute to our excellent record for delivering market leading solutions. You are a seasoned leader with a demonstrated history building and leading both established and emerging engineering talent, while fostering an environment of inclusion, creativity, and innovation.
Our team is a dynamic technology group with a mission to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. If you possess a passion for outstanding technology leadership and embrace the challenge of working on highly scalable systems that handle large volumes of data, this position is for you. We are building state-of-the-art capabilities, data processing and search systems, support tools, security frameworks and automation instrumentation that will greatly impact how our customers successfully use data to improve their businesses performance, scalability, profitability, and market strategies.
We are looking for a proven, seasoned engineering leader to lead key elements of our customer data onboarding systems. You will build and lead an elite team of engineers who will be working on systems that will power the next generation of Splunk and enable ever deeper customer insights.
In this role, you will:
- Hire and develop an engineering team, focused on making our industry leading technology even more valuable to our customers.
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Plan and support career development.
- Recruit and retain top talent.
- Be an advocate of scalable and extensible, recoverable, manageable architecture for Core products and services.
- Experience leading engineering teams working on large scale data pipelines, CI/CD infrastructure and processing systems
- Experience hiring and cultivating teams.
- Experience developing new products and infrastructure, either in small companies or within the context of larger organizations. A mix of start-up and bigger company experience is a plus.
- Experience working within geographically distributed organizations.
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes.
- Consistent track record of delivering scalable, high performance, and high quality software systems.
- Broad understanding of various cloud development technologies and industry trends for enterprise-scale, distributed systems.
- Strong technical acumen, creativity, interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Splunk provides reasonable medical, religious, or other legally required accommodations for eligible employees.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.