Principal Software Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk's Cloud group is looking for engineers to help build the next generation of our large scale Cloud offering. You will work with a tight-knit super smart bunch of engineers who are building a state-of-the-art, cloud-based environment for massive-scale data processing. You will be working on the core compute platforms in the Cloud.
- You are passionate about building and running distributed systems at scale in production.
- You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying new systems to production.
- You have demonstrated experience in secure multi tenant cloud development
- You have a validated foundation in RESTful APIs, data structures, algorithms, software design and security.
- You can collaborate on a team to build, review and help design high quality software and systems.
- You have demonstrated the ability to work independently.
- You are enthusiastic about making the many users of your product happier every day.
- Firewalls, encryption, identity management
- Cloud regulatory and policy compliance expertise
- Security data analysis, vulnerability and configuration management
- Auto-scaling, Infrastructure as code, automated monitoring and reporting
- You have worked extensively with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Go and Docker preferred.
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.