Group Product Manager, Customer Engagement
Splunk continues to enjoy incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness.
As a Group Product Manager for Customer Engagement, you will drive exciting, cross-org, cross-functional Consumer Engagement initiatives that will engage & delight millions of Splunk global customers through personalized and intuitive experiences. You will be responsible for enabling digital shopping, fulfillment, and a right-sized personalized account management experience for Splunk Customers. You will manage a team of Product Managers with the accountability for developing solutions that directly impact Splunk customer’s experience growth. You will lead both figuring out what to build for our customers (Product Discovery) and building/shipping (Product Delivery) those solutions. You’ll plan this work as a series of evolving hypothesis-based bets and initiatives that prioritise the most valuable opportunities for solutions that help us retain and grow our customer base.
The Product Management team works closely with IT engineers to guide products from conception to launch, and with our business stakeholders to drive successful business outcomes. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design solutions with our creative and prolific engineers and then zoom out to interface and influence matrix teams such as Sales, Customer Success, Products, Marketing, to name a few. You will recruit, build and manage a world-class product team, and evaluate feedback from support teams and users to continuously measure and improve product performance.
You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development. Through your technical expertise you will identify setbacks and roadblocks within a project and generate solutions for resolving them quickly. You will be accountable for driving the Product roadmap and features we deliver for our diverse set of customers - both internal to Splunk, and external Customers and Prospects. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to cross-functional teams while delivering within an agile delivery framework, and managing key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing to develop a positive work culture! In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are critical for this role.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that:
- Recruit, lead, mentor and manage a team of product managers. Inspire and motivate the team to drive the IT Eng Platform Product team to a best-in-class team.
- Responsible for employee professional development. Lead and encourage a team of accomplished product managers, enabling high performance and removing obstacles to the attainment of their objectives
- Influence senior executives and the broader organization as to the product direction and other key strategic considerations.
- Partner with other product managers, development managers, project managers, and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues.
- Actively network with key industry contacts to understand standard methodologies and emerging trends for the domain and how they can be used within the company.
- Create data/analytics to track and control the health of the product and business impact. This includes functional and technical OKR/metrics.
- Manage the product backlog to ensure the highest business value is being delivered to our internal business partners. Articulate the value of the work and how it contributes and supports the OKRs of the product using objective data. Provides the scrum team with the necessary context of the problems they are solving and for whom. Conduct customer research for new initiatives and product capabilities.
- Independently author technical feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying business use cases, as needed.
- Support agile and product principals through sprint execution. Develops stories and defines clear acceptance criteria for completion. Partner with the scum team to ensure quality. Create and use test and learn practices, to drive product learnings and product adoption.
- Produce and lead go-live release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes. Exhibit strong communication within the immediate scrum team, and with key partners/end users of the product. Can demo and interact with customers/users and how they use a product, articulating its benefits.
- Cultivate a positive culture where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 7+ years of technical product management experience
- 4+ years of experience leading product management teams, including a geographically dispersed workforce.
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Excellent written documentation and executive presentation abilities.
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Jose and San Francisco offices to meet with key partners.
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus:
- B2B Shopping and eCommerce experience preferred, but not required
Education: Got it!
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.