Agile Front-End Developer Co-Op (Summer 2020) – Data Discovery and Analysis
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk builds software that lets you search, report, monitor and analyze live-streaming and historical data across the entire data spectrum, from IT to Marketing to Operations, all from one place and in real time. The Data Discovery and Analysis team builds enterprise-class web applications that give users intuitive access to the power of Splunk on our cloud platform, using modern web technologies such as React.js, Webpack and GraphQL.
We are looking for smart, energetic and diligent students to come spend 4 to 8 months with our UI development team in Vancouver. You would contribute directly to the production codebase by doing development work on new features and writing automation scripts to test the product.
- You have experience building meaningful software applications: in a class, as a personal hobby, as a job, as part of an open source project
- You enjoy working well with others in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy working within an agile environment
- You worked in a commercial or open source software development team
- Experience working with React.js
- Experience with modern version control system, such as Git and etc
- Experience with test automation, such as Karma, Mocha, Jest and etc
- Experience with CI/CD, such as Jenkins, Gitlab CI, etc.
Actively pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related major, and strong record of academic achievement
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.