Senior Product Designer
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk believes that design is able to make the world different and be a better place. Are you excited by helping Splunk admins, developers and end users to find data insight more efficiently though different design and research methodologies?
We are looking for a senior product designer who is passionate about designing the tools that will empower Splunk admins and developers to simplify their daily tasks, troubleshooting much more efficiently and provide an intuitive tool and environment to contribute their best contents to the Splunk community.
Who You Are:
- You thrive in a world where change is the constant. Splunk is on the move to Cloud, bringing with it the need to be flexible and in lock-step with our customers and partners.
- You aren’t intimidated by complexity, but rather dive into it with the goal of emerging with clarity.
- You prioritize solving customer problems and needs over designing for the sake of design.
- You communicate effectively and collaborate closely with cross-functional partners. One of your superpowers is the ability to drive alignment between these groups.
- You love conceptual exploration, but you also enjoy defining and detailing designs for build.
- You are a self-starter, motivated to own and drive ideas to completion.
- You are eager to receive feedback and use it to grow as a professional.
- You prioritize customer and team success over personal glory.
What you’ll do:
- Design new user-centered experiences for Splunk’s Admin experience on Cloud. Day-to-day design on your projects with corresponding mid-senior autonomy. This is a hands-on role.
- Craft user workflow diagrams, prototypes, wireframes, and high fidelity designs.
- Understand technical, complex use cases and propose elegant concepts and design solutions
- Collaborate and align with the Splunk Admin and Dev Eco system design team
- Work with cross-functional teams throughout product development (including user research, product management, and engineering)
- Work closely with engineering to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Test design concepts with customers and conduct usability studies, interview sessions and generate interview report.
- Partner with product managers, to solicit user input, and use it to craft product development efforts
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of product experience in UX/UI Design
- Experience in enabling highly technical users to quickly and intuitively analyze and get insights from data produced by a wide variety of services and devices
- Understanding of design systems, and experience leveraging, and contributing to, design systems
- Excellent visual design skills and a high level understanding of visual solutions for all screen sizes
- Master crafting prototypes to communicate complex design concepts to users and project partners
- Expert in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Figma)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, especially in a remote environment
- Experience collaborating with other designers and departments - you’re comfortable taking and incorporating feedback from other team members
- Not afraid of project or product ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Degree in HCI or related Design program, or relevant experience in lieu of degree
Bonus Points If You Have
- Experience with any administration tasks in Saas tool, user, role and responsibilities management, product deployment, get data in and data management.
- Experience with helping developers create applications for SaaS tools, help developers contribute their own product to the SaaS platform community.
- Experience designing for data-rich products, incorporating data visualizations
- Experience working in SaaS or enterprise software
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.