Technical Product Manager, Digital Workplace Engineering (US Remote Available)
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness
As Technical Product Manager for the Digital Workplace Engineering Team within ITS, you will play a key role in the success of diverse solutions that enable success for 10,000 Splunkers all over the world. You will be responsible for driving the overall vision, roadmap and product features we deliver for our diverse set of partners. You will need to use your technical expertise and deep experience in delivering service enablement using Agile methodologies as a Product Owner for this position. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, understand end user customers, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while defining detailed functional requirements, delivering within an agile delivery framework, and supervising key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing to develop a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are critical for this role.
- Represent the team as the main interface for collaboration with internal business partners and actively engage with them to ensure delivery is aligned with business needs and the product vision.
- Partner with other product managers, development managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues.
- Actively network with key industry contacts to understand standard methodologies and emerging trends for the domain and how they can be used within the company.
- Define and standardize Key Performance Indicators that will help aid in the decision-making process and showcase results.
- Manage the product backlog to ensure the highest business value is being delivered to our customers.
- Author technical service requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying business use cases.
- Produce feature requirement artifacts, such as data flows, process flows, decision trees, state diagrams, and system context diagram to support the delivery team.
- Produce and lead go-live release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes.
- Present roadmaps, complex ideas and features to a broad audience effectively.
- Perform interviews to provide hiring recommendations based on proficiency and delivery efficiency.
- Collaborate on ideas and provide feedback on many aspects of the team’s portfolio.
- Cultivate a positive culture where there is a sense of purpose, ideas are heard, and decisions are transparent.
- 5+ years of experience as a Technical Product Manager
- 2+ years implementing and managing large-scale Enterprise solutions
- Experience in driving adoption with Okta, Sailpoint, Google Workspaces, Zoom, Slack
- Deep understanding of Product management disciplines that focus on outstanding user experiences and measurable outcomes
- Intimate knowledge of Agile methodologies and core values to deliver work within the framework as a Product Owner.
- Independently author well-written technical and functional service requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for complex technical use cases.
- Experience using Atlassian JIRA or equivalent to manage backlogs and document features.
- Travel up to 25% between Splunk San Jose and San Francisco offices to meet with key partners.
- BA/BS or MA/MS is required
Preferred, but not required
- Hold a current Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Splunk has been in the Top 10 "Best Places to Work" for ten years in a row, and we're only getting better!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.