Data Analyst, People Analytics
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
The People Analytics team ensures data driven decision-making throughout the People organization. We provide critical support to the business around issues of organizational health, employee engagement, measurement of program effectiveness and blue sky thinking for all things related to People. As a member of the team, you'll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And most importantly, you are someone who wonders "What if?" and proactively seeks out the solution. You will play an important role in how we “bring data to everything” with your experience and passion to help address the data and analytical needs of teams and clients across the globe. Your knowledge of People data, along with deep business context, will enable you to provide action-oriented analyses to ensure our People organization and Business Leaders are well-informed and able to make thoughtful, data-driven People decisions.
- Partner with IT and HR Technology teams to improve operating effectiveness to streamline data or automate data collection for accurate reporting and analyses.
- Communicate analytical findings to non-technical audiences in a way that influences decision making.
- Work with stakeholders to create advanced reports and dashboards which anticipate and answer business questions related to hiring, development, and attrition.
- Acquire and compile structured and unstructured data and verify its quality, accuracy and reasonableness.
- Deliver analysis and insights of employee sentiment data from the onboarding through alumni process.
- Manage data visualizations to provide insights and outcomes in a compelling manner.
- Support development of automated tools which provide enhanced analytics.
- Drive enablement and training of reporting and analytics solutions to People team Leadership
- Create and implement effective, scalable and intuitive reporting solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Social Science, Psychology, another field that uses quantitative analysis or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience within an Analytics or People function.
- 3+ years Workday experience including experience with reporting and calculated fields preferred.
- Experience leveraging analytical tools, such as Tableau, Workday Prism or Excel preferred.
- Survey tool experience, such as Culture Amp, Glint, or Qualtrics a plus.
- Familiarity with data warehouses and the ability to query data. Experience working on projects involving multiple teams.
- Experience managing relationships with clients and presenting to audiences.
- Ability to work cohesively in a team-oriented environment
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.