Senior Product Manager, Search Platform
Join us as we pursue our exciting vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningful to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a seasoned and deeply technical Product Manager to drive the future of query, language, and data platform services at Splunk. You will initially be responsible for Splunk’s next-generation query language and making sure it can be easily adopted across Splunk’s product portfolio, and that Splunk’s Customers benefit fully from that convergence.
You will use your understanding of the data platforms, analytics, and big data ecosystem to synthesize ideas that improve Splunk's data platform service offering. Your cross-team collaboration skills will enable those improvements to be conceptualized and delivered to drive meaningful and impactful business outcomes.
You will work in the Data Platform area at Splunk, so a real empathy for the needs of developers is vital, and a work history that includes some time in engineering roles is likely a plus. Ideally, you have experience running customer advisory boards.
You will merge attention to technical detail with the ability to understand and align to business imperatives while working hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering.
- Own the "whole" product experience
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs to drive customer success
- Build product roadmap based on customers needs, market, and technology trends
- Define product specs, user stories, mockups, and acceptance criteria in collaboration with engineering or independently
- Interact and collaborate with Support, NOC, and field teams, to understand customer issues and drive business outcomes
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA, SRE, and release teams to plan, drive and execute product release cycles.
- Collaborate with product marketing to support the creation of customer-driven messaging and content
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Experience as a Product Manager building search platform services/products focused on large scale search processing, query language, high availability, performance, and scalability
- Familiarity with cloud data services, batch/stream data processing, and metadata management
- Strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about customer problems and user experience
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven product decision-making mindset
- Collaborative team player, with strong communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into simple concepts and presentations
- Experience with building large scale search data platform, query language, and optimizations
- Deep understanding of data platform market, trends, competition, and industry
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation, and data-driven product decision-making
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure and agile software development
- Passion for solving exciting technical problems and building enterprise products with intuitive user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Splunk. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.