Business Practices Director
Do you want to make an immediate impact and help change the world? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home here for you at Splunk! We are looking for a gifted communicator who can build consensus and motivate sales teams and customers to succeed.
The Mandatory Experience includes 3 + years’ experience as a Business Practices Director, Deal Development Executive, Contract Development Manager, or Deal Maker, and influencing a global sales team (leaders and individual contributors) on contract negotiations, business practices and value selling. You will have an innate ability to influence and provide strategic guidance to the field leadership as well as various other business units within Splunk (finance, legal etc.). Lastly you are a confident enterprising person that exhibits tact and persistence and brings dedication to the team.
You will lead contract negotiations, revenue recognition, closing, executive presentations, financial modeling, return on investment and value selling. You influence global sales teams (leaders and contributors) on ground breaking sales methodologies such as contract structure , pricing, negotiation, overall attested sales methodologies while working closely with legal, and finance.
- Drive significant value for the sales force and act as a SME for corporate support organizations such as product management, legal and finance
- Working with sales team on complex and non-standard sales opportunities from deal development to deal closure while facilitating internal steps and contracting process.
- Enabler of deal formation, increases sales efficiency and effectiveness, and improves business visibility and global consistency. BP Director is the guides and advices teams and relevant business partners during deal management, ensuring involvement and consensus from the right partners, with deep knowledge around sales, revenue recognition, and commercial negotiations and legal contracts, serving as an evangelist to do the right business that not only secures but grow the future business of Splunk and the customer
- Demonstrate creativity and determination to drive complex opportunities and increase overall sales productivity
- Provide strategic mentorship and influence to company's sales leadership team while driving adherence to established ethical, business, legal and financial principles
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with the largest most complex organizations while protecting the business globally
- Be a good corporate citizen – two-way flow of significant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions
- Travel depends on home location.
- 3 + years’ experience as a BP Director, Deal Development Executive, Contract Development Manager, or Deal Maker, and influencing a global sales team (leaders and individual contributors) on contract negotiations and add value
- 5+ years’ experience building and running front line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- State & Local Government & Education sales or sales management experience including working with system integrators.
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises
- Successful experience and very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of negotiating six and seven figure software licensing transactions—going on sales calls w/sales reps, running calls.
- Experience selling enterprise software
- Strong executive presence and polish with the ability to negotiate at the executive level
- Ability to build business cases
- Strong champion building experience
- Ability to coach and develop peers and leaders alike and embrace change
- Extraordinary management, teamwork, social, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly growing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Similar software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Shown success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
- Bachelor’s Degree in an analytical field (e.g. Business, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics).
- MBA/ graduate degree preferred but not required
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success. We value diversity at our company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.