Sr. Software Engineer - Backend
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
What you bring
For this role knowledge of data science or ML concepts is not vital, but you must have an understanding of the data science workflow and be passionate about enabling data scientists and ML engineers with better tooling and platforms. In particular, you must be a backend software generalist with prior experience building integrations and customizations around the Jupyter ecosystem, open source data science and machine learning tooling and platforms like Pandas, Dask, scikit-learn, Spark, and Kubeflow.
What we offer
An abundance of opportunities to have an impact, work with and learn about cutting edge tools and technologies in machine learning and data science, distributed systems, cloud technologies and data processing platforms. A team of hardworking engineers and scientists to collaborate with, learn from and provide mentorship to. Opportunities to grow your career and deliver unique features.
- Work with product management and partners to help shape the long and short term vision for the product
- Own features and drive them from design, to coding, testing, and deployment
- Produce and review technical documentation and provide feedback on system architecture
- Perform code reviews and mentor other engineers
- Help improve the overall development process and code quality, identify technical gaps and work with the engineering manager to address those.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Hands on experience or interest in hacking on Jupyter ecosystem and in particular Jupyter Lab and Jupyter Hub
- Hands on experience with data science and ML tooling like Pandas, scikit-learn, Dask, Ray, Spark, and Kubeflow
- Solid experience developing and working with Restful APIs
- Solid knowledge of Python and at least one of Go, Java, or Scala programming languages
- Experience with software testing and prior exposure to different testing frameworks and methodologies
- Expertise in developing software with containers and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Expertise in developing software on a public cloud platform (e.g. AWS, GCP, MS Azure etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Experience with stream processing platforms like Kafka, Pulsar, or Flink
- Knowledge of machine learning concepts
- Bachelor degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related engineering discipline, or an equivalent number of years of work experience in a related field.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.