Senior Director, Revenue
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a passionate leader with in-depth SAAS knowledge to lead our global order to revenue operations. This high visibility position, reporting to our Chief Accounting Officer, will play a pivotal role in supporting Splunk's continued track record of strong growth through a Cloud-first transformation and driving a scalable and efficient operation. This position will also oversee the order management and billing operations. This position will be responsible for proactively supporting the Company's teams in Sales Ops, Sales, Finance and Accounting with proper accounting guidance, creating and maintaining revenue policies and customer contracts related policies, driving an internal customer service approach in working with other functional areas, and building and maintaining an effective internal control environment.
Are you a high-energy, passionate leader who is focused on improving things and making a difference? Do you have a strong customer-centric mindset and will partner with the sales organization to drive growth? This is an excellent opportunity to play a key leadership role in a high growth organization around business transformation, process improvement, scaling revenue operations and supporting infrastructure, and developing a best in class team.
- Partner with the Sales and Sales Operations teams and the executives in those teams to drive bookings and revenues that reflect company objectives while complying with internal policies and with GAAP
- Advise on billings and revenue recognition impact as it relates to new product offerings and new sales or channel programs
- Be a key contributor to the Deal Desk process and work closely with the sales and sales finance teams in pre-sales contract negotiation to ensure business and revenue recognition objectives and requirements are achieved
- Train sales organization on order to cash business processes and revenue accounting
- Oversee billing operations and order management to ensure timely, accurate and complete bookings and billing information for accounting and reporting
- Drive continuous system enhancements with Sales Operations, Product and Technical Operations as it relates to all orders to cash processes to improve efficiencies and ensure scalability.
- Oversee the Implementation of multi- currency billings, subscription billings and other critical orders to cash projects
- Drive the month-end and quarter-end close processes for the revenue team and support FP&A in building bookings and revenue forecasts
- Interface with auditors and manage all order to cash related audit requirements
- Participate as needed in due diligence, purchase accounting and integration of mergers and acquisitions
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and support for general financial operations as needed to support business and any other special projects
- Collaborate with senior leadership on all revenue recognition matters, present revenue recognition topics on occasion to the Audit Committee
- Staff, structure and develop a best in class team to continue to efficiently scale with the business
- 15+ years of progressive experience within the finance operations and accounting organization. High-growth and SaaS industry is required; multi-national experience in a company with 4bl+ in annual revenues is needed.
- Minimum of 8 years in a leadership/management position in an accounting organization, with demonstrated ability and track record of success in driving change and improve operations.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance required. CPA or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Big 4 accounting firm is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience in proper revenue accounting processes under current revenue recognition for enterprise software and SAAS arrangements (“606”).
- Solid experience with SAP and Salesforce is preferred; experience with system implementations a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization and across functions.
- Strong, proven leader with a demonstrated track record in training and developing high-performing teams. We are seeking a proactive leader and effective coach committed to the development and engagement of their teams.
- Ability to respond to, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest of standards for completeness and accuracy.
- Possess the ability to influence others and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced team environment with ability to adapt to change
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills - can coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-paced business culture.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.