Best Practice Director
Title: Best Practice Director
Location: Anywhere in the US, Remote
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to make an impact and help change the world? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home here for you at Splunk! We are looking for a communicator that will build consensus and motivate sales teams and customers to succeed. You will have an innate ability to influence and provide guidance to the field leadership as well as other business units within Splunk (finance, legal etc.). Lastly you exhibit tact and persistence and bring dedication to the team.
You will lead contract negotiations, revenue recognition, closing, executive presentations, financial modeling, return on investment and value selling. You will influence global sales teams (leaders and contributors) on ground breaking sales methodologies such as contract structure, pricing, negotiation, overall attested sales methodologies while working closely with cross functional teams.
- You drive value for the sales force and act as a SME for corporate support organizations such as product management, legal and finance
- You will demonstrate creativity and determination to drive complex opportunities and increase overall sales productivity
- You will provide strategic mentorship and influence to company's sales leadership team while driving adherence to established ethical, business, legal and financial principles
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with the largest most complex organizations while protecting the business globally
- Be a good corporate citizen – two-way flow of significant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions
- Travel depends on home location.
- 3 +years of experience as a Best Practices Manager, or equivalent, and influencing a worldwide sales team (leaders and individuals) on contract negotiations, successful sales practices and complex selling and able to show value in a fast growing software enterprise company
- 5+ years’ experience building and running front line sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; 2nd line management experience a plus
- 10+ years selling directly to enterprise organizations (with experience selling through the channel)
- Successful experience and very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of negotiating six and seven figure software licensing transactions—going on sales calls w/sales reps, running calls.
- Ability to build business cases
- Strong champion building experience
- Ability to coach and develop peers and leaders alike
- Exceptional management, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly growing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely
- Similar software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Sales or sales management experience in Enterprise Software and Bachelor’s Degree (preferred degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, or Statistics).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.