Contract Strategic Marketing Manager, Project Management (REMOTE)
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. As the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform, Splunk is creating a world where data provides clarity, elevates discussion and accelerates progress. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a contract strategic marketing associate/manager who can leverage strategic planning capability, a track record of project delivery, and productivity tool mastery to transform Big Ideas and white space into repeatable and measurable project achievement. This is a rare and unique opportunity for enterprise and digital marketers, management consultants, project and product managers, and startup operators to join the new Marketing PMO function in the CMO Office.
By joining the PMO, you will own both a strategic marketing and operating role, planning and executing downstream high-priority initiatives. You will have the creative autonomy to originate fresh ideas and business plans to drive marketing growth. Finally, as an early hire, you will contribute substantially to a Center of Excellence Model practical and highly visible to our organization.
The Team: We are a newly formed function of the CMO Office, reporting to the Chief of Staff, aiming to be a hybrid of pure-play project management and marketing-specific corporate strategy and innovation. We focus on prodigious project origination and delivery, rotating our team members into company-wide initiatives with the highest executive-level urgency, growth potential, and scalability.
- Lead high-priority projects under a standardized methodology (project origination, delivery, and evaluation) with the guidance of our Head of PMO, Planning Director, and Marketing Chief of Staff
- Synthesize information (contextual, internal, market), data (uber dashboards, traffic, engagement), cross-functional roadmaps and updates, and competitive intelligence into narratives and storyboards, supplemented by workflows and diagramming
- Help build out a Marketing Center of Excellence, a hub for knowledge management, streamlining processes and procedures, resource and research gathering, consultative services to stakeholders, and training on the newest tools and marketing technology.
- Leverage your project management chops to reduce complexity, overlaps, and silos into ownership and partnership structures, standardizations and governance models, and trackable, superordinate goals
- Be proactive and transparent to our cross-functional partners and team members with an overabundance of project pipeline coordination, reporting, and feedback.
- Be our communications guru by being a trusted liaison for Marketing to our key partner orgs: product marketing, go-to-market, and products.
- Become a subject matter expert from rotational projects in demand generation, marketing technology modernization, M&A integration, and many more topics—contributing to our growing bench of deep marketing talent
- 4-6+ years of experience in enterprise marketing, management consulting, corporate strategy, and/or change management; alternatively, a career in digital marketing, scaling B2B startups in a marketing function, and/or digital marketing
- End-to-end project planning, resourcing, delivery, and measurement experience
- Diligent, judicious, and evangelical with project management, workflow management, and marketing automation tech stacks.
- Examples include Airtable, Monday.com, Smartsheets, JIRA, Asana, Adobe Workfront/Aprimo, Marketo Engage, etc.
- Storyboarding and narrative writing experience to justify project existence and needs to leadership, project leaders, and staff, draft product requirement documents, and be able to jump into various ad-hoc projects.
- Cross-functional operational expertise (hands-on role in product marketing, project management, strategic planning. etc.)
- A natural with comms and grasp the impact and heavy legwork involved to create necessary change: You speak the language of executive staff and marketing leaders to distill priorities and initiatives. You can translate, simplify, and galvanize business objectives into tactical projects and goals to the right teams and contributors.
- Extremely comfortable with the ambiguity of working in and helping define unknown spaces during the company’s transition and maturation into the Cloud. You are unapologetically curious about data, initiatives, and mindshare to deliver your projects.
- A self-starter and independent, taking the initiative to start, own, and refine projects versus limiting the scope to reporting on and tracking projects.
Nice to Have:
- Background in corporate strategy and innovation offices, corporate development (as a change agent for C-levels), product development
- Understands B2B enterprise selling motion
Why You Should Apply:
- New, fast-moving PMO function seated in the Office of the CMO, open to Big Ideas, functional and cultural experimentation, technology modernization, and process improvement.
- Broad mandate across all of the marketing organization and adjacent organizations without silos or constrained project mandates
- Ability to align and deliver projects in digital transformation, customer journey, demand generation strategy, self-serve, and eCommerce motions
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Cloud-first domains in observability, infrastructure monitoring, and enterprise security
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.