Principal Product Security Engineer - Cyber Security (US Remote Available)
Join Splunk as we pursue our innovative new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
About The Role
The Product Security team at Splunk identifies security risks and ensures mitigation across all Splunk products. The Splunk products organization releases several hundred applications at a regular cadence. As a Principal Product Security Engineer, you will work closely with all our internal development teams to ensure we build security in from day one and follow standard methodologies. Ideally, you will have a proven development background, with experience assessing threats for a given architecture and experience working with engineering teams to design secure products.
Identifying threats and attack vectors that apply to both on-premises and cloud products is a critical aspect of this role. In addition, you will identify common security anti-patterns across products and engineering teams. We value the commitment to solutions that address the common security issues strategically, at scale!
- Perform Threat Modeling, security design review of distributed systems, APIs, and on-premises solutions.
- Translate compliance and security requirements into product requirements.
- Work with engineers to identify the tradeoffs of different design choices from a security standpoint and recommend the ideal design to meet security requirements.
- Guide secure development in a large, complex environment.
- Experience performing Threat Modeling and architecture reviews for complex applications.
- Experience addressing systemic issues through root cause analysis, building security solutions, and, project leadership.
- In-depth knowledge of common application & network protocols, cryptographic technologies, authentication & authorization protocols, common security threats, such as attack-techniques, evasive techniques, and preventative & defensive methods.
- Ability to pragmatic security advice for web applications, mobile applications, on-premises software, and cloud software.
- Deep knowledge of cloud operational models and secure SaaS architecture in a world of containerized microservices.
- 10+ years of total experience in product or application security and 4+ years in cloud security
- Ability to operate in dynamic and highly technical organizations.
- Understanding of security features in Container and Container Orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc).
- Experience with authentication and authorization protocols like OAuth, OIDC, and, SAML.
- Understanding of web technologies: React+Redux, GraphQL, Web-Sockets, etc.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements for industry-standard certifications like PCI DSS, SOC2, HIPAA, FedRAMP
- Published contributions to the security community.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.