Senior Security Consultant - Israel
Professional Services Security Engineers fuel solutions to ensure enterprise security deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organisation. Splunk consultants solve organisations’ most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated, have an insatiable thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Splunk is looking to grow the foundation of its Professional Services team within the German speaking market with Security focused consultants to deliver high value security related solutions.
Responsibilities: I want that!
- Drive complex security focused deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases
- Work with our customers to understand their security posture and requirements
- Support our security deployments by unlocking the potential of Splunk to assist our customers in achieving their Cyber Security strategy
- Collaborate across the entire Splunk organisation to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive innovation gathered from customer input
- Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximise the value of Splunk
- Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their own
- 3-5 years in development, deployment, or administration of Splunk Enterprise Security and/or large commercial SIEMs (HP Arcsight, IBM QRadar, Intel Security Nitro, LogRhythm, etc)
- 3-5 years of hands on experience with security monitoring tools such as IDP/IDS, FW and AV (Cisco IDS, Snort, Bro, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, McAfee, Symantec)
- Experience in the use of network monitoring tools with a strong understanding of network protocols
- Ability to perform security analysis, development and implementation of security policies, standards and guidelines
- Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex security problems and how it affects a customer’s business
- Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; the command line interface is your second home
- 2+ years’ experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (Java, Perl, Python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
- Ability to listen and collaborate with audiences ranging from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders to help deliver solutions
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow Splunkers
- Well organised with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Experience with Fraud related use cases is desired
- Travel to customer sites and working from customer sites is required
- Fluent in English, written & spoken
- BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent work experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.