Field Support Engineer - (TS/SCI with full-scope poly required)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Splunk is seeking a Field Support Engineer to provide enterprise level support to our Federal customers and partners. This is a very dynamic role where you will provide technical assistance, troubleshoot, and resolve customer problems, interface with engineering on various product issues, and contribute to projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management, our growing marketplace of solutions, and more.
- Provide on-site technical support for Federal enterprise customers
- Develop a deep understanding of the Splunk product
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk users.
- Reproduce customer issues and if necessary, file bug reports, escalate cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
- Prior experience with Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Enterprise Security and/or Splunk Cloud strongly preferred.
- Experience supporting, consulting, or administering an enterprise SIEM product is required
- Experience with the following systems is a must: UNIX (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Windows, and Mac OS
- Understanding of regular expressions (Regex) and Python scripting
- Knowledge in the following areas is a plus: Perl and shell scripting, XML, HTML
- Experience in Business Intelligence a plus
- Be able to isolate problems between hardware and software and provide information to appropriate development team(s)
- The ability to shift gears and focus is essential when supporting a product like Splunk
- Solid knowledge of networking concepts
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a Technical Support, Professional Services Consulting or Systems Admin role
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science or similar degree or equivalent work experience
- Clearance Level: TS/SCI Clearance with Full Scope Poly
- This position is customer facing and will operate at the customer’s site, which will require local travel to different customer locations in the Maryland, DC and Virginia metro area.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.