Market Research/Competitive Intelligence Analyst - IT Markets
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Are you passionate about using market and product insights to help an innovative technology team succeed with mid- and long-term planning for new product ideas? Can you conduct, analyze, summarize, and present both primary and secondary research to help Executive and Product teams be successful with strategic initiatives? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk. We are seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to conduct Market Research and gather Competitive Intelligence for our IT Markets group.
We are looking for an excellent individual contributor to research and analyze both third-party vendors and other activities, in order to help executive and product teams build a market-leading strategic vision. You should be excellent at conducting both primary and secondary research, and at communicating your findings and insights at an executive level. As a key member of the Technology Innovation team in the IT Markets Group at Splunk:
- You will monitor and analyze market and vendor activities including product releases, press coverage, new announcements, analyst reports, funding, new messaging, M&A activity, etc.
- You will maintain insight on key competitors and trends including SWOT analyses, sales/GTM approaches, target markets, product status, messaging, funding, customers, announcements, functionality, go-to-market, etc.
- You will conduct ‘Voice of the Customer’ research to gain direct insight into customer concerns and needs, working with Product Management to provide insight to executive strategy, product planning, and feature development
- You will support the development of strategic business and product plans for executive leadership, business operations, product management, product marketing, engineering, etc.
- You will provide insight and vision into multiple products, vendors, and markets as part of the planning process.
- You will keep an eagle eye on the market, so you can guide our executives and other spokespeople to facilitate ‘rapid response’ to any significant activities or changes as they happen
- Research Proficiency. Build, conduct, analyze and report on market and/or competitive research including surveys, interviews, case studies, statistical analysis, analyst/journal reviews, meta-analysis, etc.
- High-energy, positive standout colleague. This is a highly interconnected role with significant impact on multiple team members; egos are not welcome.
- Well-tuned interpersonal skills. Strong in both written and oral communication, and able to synthesize and explain complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- Analytical Approach. Apply advanced data analysis including statistical evaluation, algorithmic processing, machine learning, predictive analytics, and artificial intelligence techniques
- Academic Qualifications. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Business and Technology (MBAT) is required.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which they are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.