Sr. Order Management Analyst- REMOTE US
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Sr. Order Management Analyst serves as a core business partner within the finance organization focused on the analysis of data from multiple sources and the development of scalable solutions to ensure accurate booking and reporting of revenue. As a key member of the Revenue Accounting team, the Sr. Order Management Analyst will be responsible for working with Sales, Revenue, Business Transformation, and other cross functional teams to streamline, automate and improve processes related to Order Management, Billing and Revenue. This position offers the ability to learn, develop and grow your career working for a dynamic and fast-growing public company
- Perform ad hoc, deep dive analysis specific to critical metrics and SLAs as needed to develop recommendations and impact the decision-making of the Revenue Operations team
- Prepare, review, and analyze various reporting data using Excel tools and functions (Pivot Tables, Macros, Vlookups, and other calculation functions)
- Lead special projects to drive improvements in process to minimize billing errors and streamline our key control reconciliations including defining business requirements and user acceptance testing
- Review and process sales order and sales contract information sources (order forms, agreements, POs, approvals) for completeness and accuracy in accordance to processing SLAs and booking policies
- Prepare, obtain approvals, and process RMA / rebill orders
- Support month-end and quarter-end close activities, with ability to work non-standard hours
- Work closely with OTC Transformation team to review and re-evaluate processes and procedures to enhance the effectiveness of the business operations to support increased growth and deal complexity
- Train and support Shared Services
- 5+ years of Order Management, Deal Desk, or Operations related experience, preferably in a software and or SaaS (Software-As-A-Service) sales organization
- Experience with SAP (S/4 Hanna - BRIM/Hybris Billing) required
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Google Suite is a plus.
- Advanced in Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Macros, Report Building, nested formulas, etc.)
- BS in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. The base pay for this position is dependent on work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for bonus and benefits, and may be eligible for equity.
Base Pay Range
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $100,000 - 137,500 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $94,400 - 129,800 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $84,800 - 116,600 per year
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.