Senior Engineering Manager - Frontend
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you enjoy building large scale applications that are powered by huge data sets? Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference for your customers? Do you value working in an environment where you're empowered to drive and make key technical decisions across a full stack of technologies? If so, a role at Splunk might be a great fit for you.
We are looking for a hands-on engineering manager to lead a Frontend team. As a manager at Splunk, your primary role is to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship, staying engaged with our current projects, participating in design and technical decisions, and helping the team build innovative user interfaces for our cloud-based customers. You are proactive in your management style, taking initiative to optimize products and projects. You are also engaging, personable, communicative, responsive, and mindful of the professional development and career progression of your direct reports.
We are building the next generation Unified Experiences for our customers in the Security Markets Group. This is a growth team and requires partnership and collaboration across several product teams. As a leader in this group you will be responsible for influencing the UI foundations roadmap along with product deliverables. You'll also be deeply involved in roadmap planning, structuring our organization, and collaborating with a large network of software and security professionals. Splunk's teams are distributed in multiple locations; the right candidate will need to have excellent communication and leadership skills which transcend the geographic divides.
- Partner with cross-functional team members to develop and maintain a well-defined roadmap, while balancing technological excellence.
- Has experience managing senior engineering leads/architects & managers.
- Lead technical direction and architecture with frontend developers, designers and backend engineers to implement and deploy sophisticated user interfaces using modern CSS and JS.
- Facilitate coordination of multiple scrum teams to successfully deliver committed feature sets.
- Driving practices in training, development, and efficiencies across multiple feature teams.
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Build a culture of continuous learning, growth, and sharing of technological insights.
- Educate and advocate for engineering best practices within the UI ecosystem.
- Recruit, mentor, and develop world-class engineers.
- 5+ years of People and Technical Management experience in Engineering.
- 10+ years of product development experience, building rich user experiences for scalable products, ideally in web applications.
- Proficiency in modern web technologies; React, Angular JS, Backbone, Node.js, Redux, i18n/l10n, a11y.
- Experience with Bootstrap, HTML5, CSS3, LESS, SASS.
- Extensive knowledge of web standards and modern browsers, responsive design, and of the full web technology stack.
- Experience with REST/JSON APIs.
- Experience with Git and CI tools.
- Ability to structure and build complex client-side applications.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver multiple complex technical projects in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated ability to foster a culture of learning, psychological safety, respect for differences and collaboration across all engineering skill levels.
- Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent practical experience.
- This position will be seated out of our San Jose, CA or San Francisco, CA office locations. Residing locally to the Bay area, either now or by your start date, is a requirement for this role.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.