Principal UI Designer
Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Are you excited by the challenge of helping people analyze and draw mission-critical insights from big data?
If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
As a Principal User Interface Designer, you'll be involved in the full life-cycle of design. You’ll partner with product managers and engineers to deliver phenomenal experiences to our users, enabling them to demonstrate the full power of Splunk. You’ll also work with your fellow Design team members, to develop and deploy Splunk’s design language, across our products.
We’re looking for thinkers and innovators who are willing to challenge the status quo and are energized by developing creative solutions to complex problems.
What you’ll do:
- Design new features, and re-design existing features
- Provide design direction and support throughout product development, from initial concepting to product/feature release and beyond
- Drive design in accord with principles of user-centered design
- Craft user workflow diagrams, storyboards, prototypes, and wireframes
- Partner with UX researchers and product managers, to solicit user input, and use it to shape product development efforts
- Partner effectively with product management, engineering, and product marketing
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years of experience in UX Design
- Expertise in enabling highly technical users quickly and intuitively to analyze, and get insights from, data produced by a wide variety of services and devices, in a wide variety of formats
- Expertise in data visualization
- Deep understanding of design systems, and experience leveraging, and contributing to, design systems
- Expertise in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Figma, Adobe CC)
- Expertise creating prototypes to communicate design concepts to users and project partners
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Not afraid of ambiguity and willing to learn new skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, iterative development environment, experience with Agile a strong plus
- Masters or related Design degree required in UX or HCI field
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.