Data Engineer, DevOps - Remote OK
Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most significantly to each other’s success. We continue to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year.
As a Data DevOps Engineer in the Enterprise DataWarehouse team you will work closely with a team of Data, Business Intelligence and Dev/Prod Ops engineers to help automate CI/CD deployment in a consistent and reliable way to non-production and production data infrastructure, at scale. As part this team, you will build CI/CD automation across GitLab/Github/Bitbucket, Airflow, Python ETL/ELT, Database scripts, containerization (Docker) and container-orchestration systems such as Kubernetes. You will work towards supporting deployment, data flow architecture and automation to deliver the highly available, performant and secure environments of Splunk’s Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Iterate on release management methodologies to increase the quality & velocity of data warehouse deployments. Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- You will collaborate with Production Engineering team’s on-call responsibilities in rotation.
- Experience working with Python based ETL/ELT, API and Cloud Data Warehouse databases. Data warehousing, Data Engineering experience, particularly with Snowflake is a plus.
- Design, develop and operate terabyte-scale data pipelines and services that meet goals of low latency, high availability, resiliency, security and quality .
- Define best practices, work with data engineering teams on best practices and ensure they are followed. Teach others how to do the right things. Automate everything.
- Enable self-service as much as possible via automation so that application teams can do what they need without you, focus on the engineering aspect primarily
- Automate schema updates/migration via common pipelines and pattern to be used by application teams in their deployment processes
- 8+ years of relevant work experience surrounding CI/CD, Test Automation and data infrastructure operations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop advanced CI/CD pipelines in GitLab, Python, Airflow (e.g. using dynamic data pipelines, automated unit testing, performance testing, etc.)
- Experience in writing and troubleshooting ETL jobs (Python, Airflow) and complex database SQL scripts.You have a strong python programming background in writing clean, testable code. Develop monitors and build alerts around error conditions and performance.
- Experience in data technologies server administration, SLA/incident management, RBAC automation and controls, user communication and support.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently or in team settings on complex production issues. Participate in On-Call support as needed.We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.