Data Quality Analyst
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk is growing its Enterprise Data Management team to focus on the delivery of high-quality data to support good business processes and decision-making.
You will act as a senior data quality analyst for Splunk’s Enterprise Data Management team.
By working with various business teams to understand their day to day operations, you will produce quality reporting & analytics that articulate the business value & impact of data to the organization, and lead improvement in data management practices necessary to drive growth, manage costs & meet compliance. You’ll use your data quality & technology experience to establish enterprise quality standards and partner with the data owner community to implement solutions to monitor and control data within business platforms. You’ll partner with business owners and IT to identify root causes of data quality issues then direct remediation planning, execution & testing to ensure sustainable solutions for the business. You will develop scorecards & dashboards, using best practices in visualization to accelerate understanding & action, and issue resolution tracking tools & processed to speed deployment of your remediation plans. Through Splunk transformational programs you will have the opportunity to be part of data mission teams deployed to ensure new business and technology projects benefit from world class data accuracy.
You will implement data quality within Splunk through the following:
- Partner with data governance team to profile current data and find opportunities for data rationalization & content standardization.
- Define, implement, and monitor data quality rules necessary to quick and early detection of problems.
- Deliver change management services to enable adoption of data quality rules, ensuring continuity of business operations.
- Drive data issue identification, root cause analysis, resolution planning, and execution with business and IT owners.
- Translate data quality results into clear business impact statements to help understanding & adoption of data management practices.
- Support transformational program data migrations through definition and management of plans to ensure end state quality in SAP.
- Provide quality assurance on any data governance & management services delivered by external consulting services.
- Develop and maintain high quality data artifacts throughout the duration of the program (e.g. Data Dictionaries, Data Quality Master Rule Book, Data Lineage Model).
- Use program investment to define, build, and own future state data quality monitoring of key operational processes.
- Establish yourself as the data quality partner to the business post-program, providing operational quality monitoring and resolution.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Operations, Statistics, or related field
- 8 years of experience working with or in business operations and reporting processes
- Minimum 5 years of experience in data governance, data quality, or data management related practices.
- Ability to engage and communicate at manager level and above to provide clear, concise explanations of data quality concepts, programs and initiatives
- Demonstrable experience in executing data quality analysis exercises within complex, federated data and system architecture
- Experience translating business data needs into technical language and partnering with IT teams to ensure effective QA / UAT of solution delivery.
- Prior exposure to finance regulations such as SOX, and data regulations such as GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, PCI
- Excellent project/work management skills; Able to define and execute against priorities. Work effectively within an agile environment, using tools like JIRA & confluence to prioritize, document and deliver data related services.
- Experience working in or with order to cash, record to report, & procure to pay business operations for technology, consumer goods, or financial services companies
- Experience with SAP Information Steward, BODS, S/4 Hana, Syniti, SalesForce, Snowflake, Tableau
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.