Contract Manager, Commercial (Public Sector)
Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
We seek a Contract Manager to support Splunk’s sales growth in the Public Sector sales theater, focusing on United States Federal, state and local government as well as higher education pre-sales and sales-associated transactions.
During Pre-sales, you will manage and drive negotiations of non-disclosure and teaming agreements, and provide subject matter expertise for certs & reps and RFX reviews. From a transactional perspective, you will assist a team of attorneys with outbound, channel-focused cloud software subscriptions, and on-prem sales channel and professional services consulting contracts. You will be further able to interpret and address the contractual issues and certification requirements that come with selling cloud and on-prem products and services to prime contractors and other commercial entities which directly transact with public sector organizations. (Your experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulation and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement, Government Wide Acquisition Contracts, Multi-State Procurement Contracts, Government ethics and procurement integrity issues, and special government certification requirements are strongly valued by us!) You will team to develop and improve cross-team training materials, process improvements and playbooks to help scale for growth. The role will report to Splunk’s Legal Director for the Public Sector.
Are you a dynamic individual interested in helping Splunk expand its government contracts business, the new cloud-based cyber security landscape, and cross-functional collaboration with sales and legal leaders? Do you want to work for one of the fastest growing technology companies in the world? Then this position at Splunk is for you.
To succeed, the role requires you to possess excellent business judgment and critical thinking; have the ability to perform independently as well as cross-functionally and demonstrate flexibly in a collaborative, dynamic team environment; know how to prioritize and drive multiple initiatives to conclusion independently and in a timely manner; possess strong persuasion, negotiation and collaboration skills and excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills; be self-motivated, self-reliant, and confident; and have a good sense of humor and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and exciting environment.
- Drive and manage complex COTS-based (FAR Part 12) contract negotiations in a channel environment with a focus on business development transactions.
- Support the wider legal team engaged in enterprise cloud (FedRAMP and commercial) and on-prem technology sales to Splunk's Public Sector theater;
- Assist with the administration and management of selected state government licensing contracts and third-party consultant contracts;
- Support our AMER and EMEA direct and partner channel sales teams with enterprise cloud transactions;
- Resolve outbound software and SaaS subscription, sales channel, system integrator and service support contracts;
- Provide continuous improvement of cross-team education and guardrails, playbooks, contract templates and legal processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree with excellent academic credentials (or JD from accredited school);
- At least six years’ experience of government, international governmental organizations (NATO, UN, World Bank, IMF, etc.) and higher education-related transactions, certs & reps, SaaS, cloud computing, professional services and enterprise on-prem software;
- Previous experience in the legal department of a US listed company preferred;
- Deep substantive transaction and negotiation experience with complex agreements, working with two-tier sales partners and experience working in fast-paced technology companies;
- Deep experience in addressing contractual issues in the FAR/DFARS, Government Wide Acquisition Contracts (GSA, SEWP, etc.) cyber security, cloud, data security, and privacy matters strongly preferred.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.