Director, Software Engineering - Engineering Onboarding, Training, Development
Director,Engineering Onboarding, Training, Development
Splunk is seeking a hardworking individual who is passionate about creating elite software engineering teams. At Splunk we are dramatically improving engineering productivity by continuous improvement of our processes, tools and technologies to measurably increased employee efficiency and job satisfaction levels. You will need to be intimately familiar with large-scale software development and all aspects of the SDLC. As the Director, you demonstrate effective communication and collaboration skills across project and functional teams. This role demands a passionate leader with a strong history for building and leading both established and emerging engineering talent, while cultivating an environment of inclusion, inspiration, and innovation. Collaboration, creativity, friendliness and grit are meaningful traits required to succeed in this role. If you have a passion for creating elite engineering teams that measurably outperform previous benchmarks, please contact us.
- Evaluate and measure engineering processes, systems and tools to support continuous improvement and innovation.
- Engage with all internal engineering teams to identify areas of improvement.
- Provide recommendations to monitor, measure and improve the SDLC at Splunk.
- Identify issues, collaborate with partners on solutions and provide follow-up on the implementation.
- Own new hire onboarding for all engineers collaborating with all engineering organizations.
- Own tools, documentation and process which will help engineers reduce time wasted, increase collaboration and sharing of knowledge.
- Build and grow engineering communities. (ex: Voice of The Customer, mentorship, tech talks, education, external engineering blog)
- BA/BS/MS/PHD in a technical field or equivalent professional experience.
- Intimate knowledge of each key function in the SDLC
- 5-10 years of experience in large scale software development as an Engineering manager or technical lead
- A background in building Enterprise or Shrink-Wrapped commercial software on-time and on-budget.
- Excellent follow up and interpersonal skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Experience with multiple OS environments - Linux, Windows, Mac OSX, various UNIX flavors.
- A solid grasp with mobile environments - iOS, Android.
- Deep understanding of multiple build tools - GCC, Visual Studio, Xcode, Make.
- Experience with scripting languages, e.g. Python, Shell script.
- Adept at working with teams of exceptional individuals.
- Experience with virtualization technology, e.g. VMWare.
- Experience leading CI/CD in a cloud environment, familiar with deployment and provisioning tools such as Ansible, Puppet.
- Experienced in defining and implementing critical metrics within the SDLC.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Extraordinary and upbeat personnel skills.
- A standout colleague with impactful collaboration skills and a commitment clean crisp code.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.