Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
The Cloud organization at Splunk focuses on building and maintaining robust and resilient platform solutions for SaaS hosting of Splunk's enterprise software. Our main technologies are Cloud Infrastructure based, focusing on puppet and terraform. The SRE Operations team is globally distributed with teams based in San Francisco and Plano in the USA, Sydney in Australia, and London in the UK.
The UK SRE Ops team works closely with our Support and Software engineering teams so you'll have plenty of chances to interact with and learn from other teams across the business as well as your direct colleagues on the other SRE teams.
What we’re looking forSplunk's Cloud group is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help maintain, contribute to and improve the next generation of our large scale Cloud offering. You will be working with large scale cloud providers and supporting the infrastructure that powers Splunk’s cloud offering.
You should apply if:
- You have operational experience at scale. You have had hands on roles that deal with with operating systems (particularly Linux) and networking. You might also have worked with Cloud technologies. Your previous job titles might be something close to systems admin, network engineer or devops engineer.
- You're passionate about your work. Our customers are passionate about Splunk and we want the same from our engineers. You should enjoy actively being responsible for your work and be excited about your projects.
- You love large complex systems. Experience in working on distributed systems or a passion for finding edge cases that appear at scale. You are interested in how to bring something from a small one off task to how to implement it across several thousand machines at once.
- You have some development skills. We have code in several languages, ranging from Python and Shell to Go and C++. We don’t expect you to be a software engineer but you should be familiar with basic programming and understand concepts like input sanitisation and unit testing.
- "How can I automate this process?" is a question you constantly ask yourself.
- Data drives your decisions. Data excites you and you make decisions based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
- You care about monitoring. Shipping code often and getting useful feedback excites you and you’re not worried about changing direction when a solution isn’t working as expected.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth. You are interested to work in an area that dynamically scales to meet the need of Splunk’s cloud offering. You want to go deep into optimizing how we automate every manual process and tedious task we encounter.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. Honesty and collaboration are values we see as a core part of our team identity. We understand the value in open communication—working together to get things done, and to adapt to the changing needs of the team and individuals. This is reflected in both our internal communications and also in how we interact with our customers.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. Work doesn't have to always be about working. We organize frequent team lunches and other optional team building events to help you get to know other members of the team in a more relaxed environment.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.