Regional Sales Manager (Observability)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Our SignalFX team are making a difference in the monitoring space, and we’re looking for energetic, talented professionals to grow our team. Splunk has recently been names Gartner Magic Quadrant visionary within the Application Performance Management (APM) category so there has never been a better time to join our team!
Due to growth of SignalFX portfolio, we are hiring an Enterprise/ Strategic Account Manager to join our team in Sydney. This position is responsible for selling SignalFx’s products in a set territory. This is a quota carrying, field sales role which will be responsible for driving new logo acquisition as well as expanding existing customer portfolio's by demonstrating the value of the SignalFX solution. You will have a strong ability to articulate complex solutions, build and maintain executive level relationships, navigate across customer organizations / business units, and drive revenue growth for SignalFX solution within the ANZ North region.
- Land, adopt, expand, and deepen sales opportunities.
- Explore the full spectrum of relationships and business possibilities across the client’s entire org chart.
- Expand relationships and orchestrate complex deals across more diverse business stake-holders.
- Holistically embrace, access, and utilize the channel to identify and open new, unchartered opportunities.
- Work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources. Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management informed in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to marketing.
- Track customer activity in internal systems in order to execute sales strategy and identify additional opportunities.
- May provide customer demos and/or product training as necessary.
- Accountable for individual expense budget management.
- You will have 5-10+ years of direct sales experience selling enterprise software to mid-size to large enterprises (required), start-up experience welcomed!
- You have previous experience utilizing partners, channels and alliances to sell more successfully and overachieve your quota.
- Strong understanding of the application development lifecycle and expertise on methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- You have sold a similar complex solution software and have experience in any of the following: IT systems, application development and management, business applications and/or analytics.
- You have a measurable track record in new business development and over achieving sales targets
- Experience in selling complex enterprise software solutions and ability to adapt in fast-growing and changing environments
- Experience in successfully selling during market creation phase
- Proven track record of successfully closing six and seven figure software licensing deals with prospects and customers in the defined territory.
- Experience in the “C” suite, strong executive presence and polish, and excellent listening skills.
- Experience with target account selling, solution selling, and/or consultative sales techniques; knowledge of MEDDIC and Challenger methodologies is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA a plus or equivalent experience
- Modern application architecture (micro-services) understanding
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.