Associate Contract Manager, Legal Commercial
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to bring data to everything. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
We are looking for a hardworking and self-motivated individual with transactional contract management experience, and at least 4 years of experience in global technology companies to join our stellar team in the role of Associate Contract Manager.
You will be keen to develop strong business relationships with each of Global Spend Management (Sourcing), Sales, Finance and Legal, and your internal business clients at Splunk and maintain a "can-do" approach. You should also have a growth mindset that means you can identify business need and any areas for improvement. You will need to enjoy working in a technology business within defined, yet dynamic processes.
You will report to the Director of Commercial Legal. Your primary focus will be drafting and negotiating key Inbound Commercial Contracts in the US and internationally for EMEA and APAC. You will also be expected to provide some transactional support within our other Commercial legal teams.
In this role you will:
- Draft and negotiate inbound agreements, such as NDAs, SaaS and on-premise software licenses, staffing services, events, marketing and professional services.
- Coordinate with our Sourcing colleagues and internal business teams to ensure project success.
- Facilitate and assist with all aspects of the contract process.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the globe to assess and handle any risks.
- Maintain contract administration including workflow process improvement, and contract management tool maintenance, training, tracking and reporting.
- Interpret and assess agreements and quickly identify the issues that need either a business or legal decision.
- Support the completion of signed commercial agreements.
- Take a continuous improvement view of the Legal and Global Affairs team.
- Assist our business with other legal projects and transactions as needed.
- Bachelor's degree;
- At least four (4) years of contract management and complex drafting and negotiation experience in a technology company.
- Excellent project management, organization and recordkeeping skills.
- Ability to take the initiative, work independently, but within a team to prioritize and balance multiple tasks in our dynamic, evolving legal and technology environment.
- Ability to manage high volume and deadlines.
- Ability to take ownership of the work, whilst keeping colleagues informed.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, and ability to interact and build trust across all levels of our business.
- Expertise in Word, Excel, Jira, SAP Ariba, PowerPoint and Conga (Apttus) is valued.
- Strategic outlook and an interest in working within a high volume, dynamic and friendly team.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $75,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.