Senior Sales Engineer
As a Splunk Snr Sales Engineer (SSE), you’ll be the primary technical resource for the assigned Enterprise and Commercial accounts. Our clients and partners span all business sectors and sizes.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is changing the way information supports business decisions. You will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and advocate for our products and services. Splunk SEs will passionately able to answer technical questions from customers regarding Splunk technology, features, solutions, applications as well as articulate Splunk technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
You must be able to identify all technical issues of your assigned customers to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process, and you must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle with our customer's and partner’s technical staff. You will work close together with the Partner Responsible for the opportunity if required.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers and partners on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows
- Willing to travel to visit partners, prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer and partner work when required
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a consistent record in technical software/hardware sales and knowledge of technology
- Strong presentation skills and able to communicate clearly and professionally
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and must be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches
- You should be comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast-growing partner and customer base
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- At least 8 years of experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations
- Experience on delivering sales and technical enablement workshop or webinar to customers
- Fluent in either IT, Security or Dev Ops solutions.
- Knowledge of "Big data" technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra).
- Experience and familiarity with IT management products and services
- Experience with networking, server, application and development technologies
- Domain expertise with IT operations, application delivery, security or compliance is desirable
Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business.
There’s no stopping our momentum. Join us and help us to continue doing something truly special and have a blast doing it, too.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.